superstu

harness input: xbraced vs 9 cell

here's a question for those in the know. i've noticed a difference between the reaction i get during harness input between my crossfire 97(@1.85) to various xbraced canopies (velo96 and vx89). basically, it takes less motion in the harness to get a response out of my xfire then it does with either of the other 2 canopies. why is this? are they less eliptical then my xfire?
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Crossfire 1 or 2? I am about your weght(w/lead ;)) I went from a crossfire 1-99 About 1.85 to a Xaos 21-85 then to a 27-79. At those wing loadings they are quite easy to harness turn even being less eliptical than the Crossfire! I have also added more lead to get to about 2.4/1 on the 79.

i jump a crossfire 1 and i was loading the velo at about 1.9 and the vx at about 2.1ish i think, exit wieghts some where between 180-185. i was thinking i might need to load them a touch more to get the harness input, but that doesn't really sound right to me for some reason.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I think it's because the Cross braced canopy's are a little more rigid than the conventional 9 cell, and it takes a little more work to get one to move. I noticed this too. I also found that my turn rate was slower on a cb than a non cb. Are you jump numbers correct in your profile?

I think it's because the Cross braced canopy's are a little more rigid than the conventional 9 cell

Agreed, and my jump numbers are correct as well.:P

-We are the Swoophaters. We have travelled back in time to hate on your swoops.-