CanuckInUSA

A new chapter in my short canopy control history

I left work today at 3:30 pm to make my first (beer) jump on my 2nd rig which is a used Vector3 with a Spectre 150 and a PD143R in it (it'll mainly be my wingsuit rig). I did a hop n' pop with some fairly strong winds (somewhere around 15-20 mph) and I'm happy to report that I was able to fly this wing and stand up my landing in the peas. :$ Now I am really looking forward to this weekend when I'll get to fly this canopy more (and maybe some more demo reserve jumps on a PD143R setup as a main). So is it tomorrow yet? I hope Mother Nature blows her winds somewhere else this weekend. :)

I guess I started this thread to say that while I still plan on progressing my swooping skills, this marks a new chapter in my short skydiving history when I will dedicate canopy time to greater accuracy and canopy control skills (which will come in handy once I start flying a true dark side rig). Plus, while I'm not sure when this will actually happen, I hope to get a PRO rating on this Spectre canopy soon.

Swooping is fun, but so are other aspects of canopy flight right? Good fun I tell you. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

and I'm happy to report that I was able to fly this wing and stand up my landing in the peas.

now next time come in with a phat swoop and stand her up in the peas ;):)

Swooping is fun, but so are other aspects of canopy flight right?

what other aspects.............i thought swooping was it :P, well maybe it's just that way for me ;)B|

later