Jiggs

Crossfire2 Questions

Hey All;

I am just looking for some info on Crossfire 2 as I am thinking about getting rid of my trusty old Sabre. I have had some experience with the Crossfire 1 (say 20-30 jumps) and I was wondering how alike the 1 is compared to the 2? Its a fun canopy and the openings are very so fantastic so I am pretty tempted to get one, before I do however I would like to get a few more opinions.

More specifically I was wondering - how does the riser pressure compare? Jumping a modded 1 that had massive riser pressure was a drag - has this been resolved?
Turbulence - I am loading up a 129 at around 1.5 or so, and the canopy has felt more squirrely in turbs. In addition I have used this canopy a bit in filming CRW and it really is not a happy camper sitting in the burble. SO how is the 2 in respect to turbs? Anything else interesting about the canopy that I should know?

Cheers!
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

I jumped a 1 for about 10 jumps. I own a 2 and think the openings are the best on the market for non-corssbraced. The canopy is decent in turbulance. The riser pressure I find to be quite high (campared to a Sam). I like the crossfire 2 overall. It flies very fun, has very good response to harness input, and swwops nice.

I absolutely love my cf2. i would elaborate on everything, but if you simply do a search you will find about all the input that can be said about it...good and bad.. although as anythign said on here, i would take posts with a grain of salt and use your own input. go demo one, get advise from people who know you and how you jump/fly...
that being said, if you go from a non crossbraced canopy to the cf2 and you are looking for awesome performance with nice light inputs you wont be dissapointed

-i fly a 111 at 1.85

Really loved the opening; very relaxing openings and with camera it has been a dream compared to the Sabre.

Oh a question on the lines - they 550 Vectran? Can I get thicker brakelines straight from the factory?

Yeah I guessed as much but I reckon the more info/opinions the better!
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

Most has been said here already, however it´s also worth mentioning the increased flare power and lift the Crossfire 2 generates compared to the Crossfire 1.

Since you´re based in Oz you should get in contact with Mark or Jyro @ NZ Aerosports and they might be able to set you up with a demo.

Recommended windloads lie between 1.4-2.1 with an optimal of 1.7-1.8!
For more information see http://www.icaruscanopies.com/canopies/Crossfire/index.htm

Blue skies,

Joris van Drunen
ICARUS Canopies Europe
c/ Valles s/n, El Ramassar
08520 Las Franquesas
Barcelona, SPAIN