Michele

Did you take a canopy control class?

Think this is the same Jonny....I've already asked him about jumping with me and after seeing him swoop - I'll take his pointers on canopy stuff. It's all good stuff and I continue to meet tons of great people. Why didn't I fall into this sport sooner? Better late than never. Big smiles!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I'll be taking one soon as time & money permit (I mean $$ to jump at all, the $280 price tag for the course is going to be spent). I've got a couple hundred jumps on the old squares, but the new ones, even the student canopies simply blow the doors off what we used to use. There are just too many canopy safety issues, too many people getting hurt or even killed. The other thing is that I'd like to learn a lot more about how to ENJOY a canopy and really milk it for performance in a safe & sane way.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I got done with a Scott Miller camp yesterday. I have hunted for every scrap of flight related info for the past 2 years so I kew a bit but I still learned a lot. I now have 475 jumps and like to consider myself a very safe jumper. I have been doing some sort of HP landing for the past 400 or so jumps. I have done as much as 180's to pretty nice landing. Scott had me do straight in approaches and I learned a whole lot. Not that I couldnt land straight in but the better it got the better my swoops will be. We went from how to land a straight final to a braked approach to harness input and carving. Granted I only got 5 jumps, none higher that 4 grand, one from 2100, but I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy for a while now. Well worth the money (and not much of it either).

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome