ralu

Accuracy = Parafoil ????

i'd guess it is, but than again, the Profil ain't so bad either... in my opinion, the only thing that matters, is how good you fly it, not how good the chute is...
just my 0,01 cents...

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

Yes Para-foil has dominated classic accuracy competition for many years.
Several European companies have built close copies of Para-Foils under various names, i.e. CCL built by PISA.
In the mid-1980s John Eiff entered the market with his Eiff Challenger Classic series and garnered a few medals.
Now North American Aerodynamics claim that their Para-Foil 2000 is the best accuracy canopy on the market.

In the end the medal goes to the guy who is better at reading the winds and who flies the most consistent approach.

A funnier side note:

At Collegates this year, the Army/chAIR Force teams had a lot of guys jumping Parafoils, since they also did classic accuracy. On one of their fun jumps, a group of us on the ground were yelling "hook it" to them. One guy did. He yanked a toggle and proceeded to so what has to have been one of the slowest hook turns I've ever seen in my life! I'm using "hook turn" very very very loosely in the description of his turn, btw.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dave,

Parafoils are square T10's ;) They don't turn very fast but I do know a zoomie that broke his ankle under one doing a low turn. Certainly not like burying a toggle on most of today's canopies though.

I jumped one a long time ago that had ropes and rings on it instead of a slider. Basically, when you threw your pilot chute out it went about 30 + feet behind you before the bag came off your back...pretty funny on a hop and pop to look back and see you pilot chute so far away

--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

In response to your post about the "Chair Force", all of the cadet from the Air Force Academy jump Eiff Classic's. I think you would be hard pressed to find a time in collegiate history, where the USAFA Cadets didn't dominate the collegiates. As for "hookin' it" these canopies are not designed to dive or turn at a high rate of speed. If you look at then in full flight, most of the steering lines cause deflection to the tail. These are "Sky Yachts".