John4455

Accuracy

First,go to drop zones with real pits?Hope they still have them were you are?It used to be in the old days(late 70,s)that you would do 500-800 practice jumps and then set out for the local competition circuit.Best practice ever are those more expensive competition jumps!You don,t easily forget.Start slow setting up good consistent approaches to the target.(be patient,it won,t all happen for you at first)First good approaches,then work on foot placement.A great approach is nothing if you don,t finish well!Good luck,any accuracy you learn will help down the road in your skydiving career.

Raeford is the bastion of US style and accuracy training. The Golden Knights train here most of the year and our DZ has a large pea gravel pit, a regulation tuffet, and tons of high-tech telemeters from grading style. Want to learn accuracy; bring your ass here. Nearly every single international team came here to train all through the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Now, we still get some teams, but they don't come nearly as much as back in the day. I equate that to a lack of interest in our nation. Raeford nowadays is mostly RW, with a good freefly crowd building. The Knights and all the US team competitors still go at it heavy here during the week.
I really like accuracy. Sinking a Parafoil in onto the target is a true art. My wife was actually on the US team and she can really kick ass. The skills you learn there really help out with "proper" demonstration parachute jumping, too. I still jump with our command's parachute team (USASOC) and get great satisfaction from stomping two feet in the black.
Chuck
My webpage HERE