skygeek

Heatwave?

I had a Heatwave loaded at just under 1.4 a few months ago. I absolutely loved it. Great openings & landings and easy packing but there were a couple of problems that made me ditch it...
1. It had enough oversteer for two ellipticals. Coming out of a turn I was all over the harness w/ a little toggle thrown in to stop the turn.
2. It developed a built-in turn that kept getting worse the more that I jumped it. At the end, I was holding 3-4" of opposite toggle to keep it level. It was checked by three riggers and the lines were all in trim.
If it wasn't for that turn, I probably would have kept it but I was looking at a 5-week turn-around to get another custom Heatwave and PD happened to have a Stiletto in my exact colors and size sitting on the shelf so I sent the Heatwave back.
We have two other Heatwaves in our extra staff rigs at my DZ and they fly just fine. I just wasn't as lucky.
Kris

I jump a 150 loaded at 1.5. I have jumped hotter canopies but still like my HW. I like it far better than the Spinetto or Vengence. I took 4" off the steering lines to get better landings. The quality of construction is outstanding and I love the colored line tabs. BUT ...I get tired of elipticals and their quirky openings (it's the nature of the beast) and the high potential for twists. Ahhhh...those old T-10 memories (grin)
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

I still jump the HeatWave...and enjoy it. It's just lately I like the ease and relaxing flight of a big boy canopy. (maybe it's just old age) Hey, the HW is a very good canopy.

I don't do anything abrupt with the canopy. A long carving riser turn into final, 4-6" of front riser and a smoooooth transition to toggles gives me a nice short surf. My Heatwave
is kinda like a family car with a big hot engine. My new Chaos is the jet funny car. My Triathlon is the family van. Each one has a speciality and when used for their intended purpose they are all great!

My Heatwave
is kinda like a family car with a big hot engine. My new Chaos is the jet funny car. My Triathlon is the family van. Each one has a speciality and when used for their intended purpose they are all great!

So you use your triathlon to take the kids to soccer practice?