coho21

Reflex Question

Well I just got my "Beer" rig this past weekend. It looked beautiful! I had the reserve repacked, demoed a main, and went jumping. Special thanks to everyone at Perris for such a good time.

I was having one problem that was really irking me though. My right side riser cover kept coming undone. I think this was caused by the way the risers were sitting in the container. They seemed to be putting a lot of pressure on the outside portion of the riser covers. Does anyone know if there is a Mod. out there that can be done to extend the tuck tabs? They seemed to be fine in free fall but they would open whenever I tied my shoes or stretched out.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks.
Jensen
J
YSD#0009

That can be fixed by how the reserve is packed to a slight degree. Where the material gets stuffed can alter how the container fits.If it continues to be an issue, I'd have your rigger look at moving some material in the reserve tray to make it fit better.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

>Good point Chris, Slinks seem to solve this type of problem on most rigs.

?? Slinks reduce pack volume at/near the pack tray, not near the top of the riser covers. I've had this problem with a few Reflexes, and it's usually due to poor reserve material distribution and/or main risers that "bunch up" near the riser covers (due to twists, too much slack etc)

When I had hard links on my canopy the links hit the bottom part of the reserve container and made the sidewall buckle and made the riser tuck tabs be under pressure the entire time. Once i reduced the pack volume with slinks the problem went away.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com