tonysuit booties

Hi,

I need another jumpsuit for speed skydiving competition. Basically I'm
looking for gripless tony pit special with booties. It should be very tight
and with very short booties. Booties should be pretty short and with my
legs straight and toes pointed they should be at their full extension
and with as few folds as possible. W/o toes pointed I should be able to
bend my knees for landing. Inseam zippers are prone to get open at high
(250+ mph) speed, so I lean toward solid construction w/o any zippers.

I'd appreciate if anyone could provide me with some info on difference
between Mega, Mega Airspeed, and Mega XL kind of booties and which one
would be more suitable for my needs. It would be great if anyone have any
pictures to show the difference.

I emailed TonySuits already, but haven't received any replay yet.

Thanks,
Stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

why would you want to add all that drag for a speed competition?

for several reasons.

first, they streamline my leags and thus reduse drag.
second, i'm more stable and and if my legs swing either direction they will fix it quicker and
i lose less speed.
and third, drag right now is not my problem. my problem is balance&stability. i accelerate
very quickly, but can't hold long enough. see attached pic.

use of booties is questionable. Mike Brooks, the world champ, was using them for one
season and wasn't for another. i think he plans to use them again.

when i started jumping with booties my speed greatly improved, so i plan on using them.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

291.jpg

Hi,

dunno much about the mega booties but I know that they stopped making the airspeed and xl booties. Maybe your best deal is to call them by the phone and ask them everything first hand, they were of great help when I bought from them.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

please please tell me your doing that on your head and not your belly!!! If you doing that on your belly then your WAY more flexable than i am!!!
this is me on my aff lvl 5
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Photo_Submissions/AFF&image=arch.JPG&img=30&tt=
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Hi Staso,
I've always used Tony Suits Pit Special model, since more than 10 years now, when I started with RW and I've already got 6 of those.
When that model came into the market, my team used to have the Airspeed Model with boomerang Mega booties (no zip in it).
I'm sure Tony Suits will answer to you... sometimes they take a while as they are a small staff and are out of the office for business reasons for a couple of days... the same happened to me, but they've always answered... I don't know which e-mail address you've tried, may be this will work: [email protected][email] Linda or Patty should be your contact there... sometimes, Tony also replies to our queries.
The specifications you are requesting for, correspond to the very same Mega Airspeed model (which has a bootie with no leg zip, very thight and with short booties, which sometimes are difficult to take off while flying your canopy before landing... but you'll get able to do it after a couple of times) I've chose for myself.
On my team, two of us are using Mega Airspeed model, because we had the same needs as those you mentioned: myself (OC) and my teammate Henrique (IC). The point is using a Pit Special but Mega XL kind, as he wanted a leg zip, not possible with Airspeed models.
Look at the attachments (have cropped some photos of my team, so you can see my booties better).
Blue Skies! ;)
-----------------------------
Mario Santos
Portugal

5.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

please please tell me your doing that on your head and not your belly!!! If you doing that on your belly then your WAY more flexable than i am!!!
this is me on my aff lvl 5
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Photo_Submissions/AFF&image=arch.JPG&img=30&tt=

no, i do it on my belly. i'm too afraid to go headdown, since i'd break the sound barrier and
disintegrate ! ;)

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

hey Mario,

thanks for the replay.

Airspeed Model with boomerang Mega booties (no zip in it).

is that the one with bunjee cord ? i'm not quite sure how it looks like.

The specifications you are requesting for, correspond to the very same Mega Airspeed model (which has a bootie with no leg zip, very thight and with short booties, which sometimes are difficult to take off while flying your canopy before landing... but you'll get able to do it after a couple of times) I've chose for myself.

what the difference between regular mega and airspeed mega provided regular doesn't have any zippers ?
and i have no intention to take my booties off under the canopy. my current suit has booties i can't
take off and i'm going for even tighter booties.

Look at the attachments (have cropped some photos of my team, so you can see my booties better).

thanks for the pictures, but i can't really see any difference there :)

Stan.

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

What did you do to slow down to 47mph during freefall?

tracking. since i have excess of vertical speed i have to bleed, all that speed goes
to horizontal one and as result into lift that slows me down to 40ish instead of 100
as in my regular track. my best so far was 41 mph. funny when i go back to regular
body position after my track i feel like falling and i'm not very stable since i'm
going at much slower speed.

stan.

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

Hey Stan... If you're looking for a speed only suit, why arent you looking into one of them gimp suit (ie speed skiing, or, if you want, there are some fine retailers of latex fashion on the internet)?

basically because air friction is not my problem yet. i have problem with stability.
latex suit will make me even more unstable. plus it doesn't have booties (there were
limited number with booties) and botties help me a lot. i have enough acceleration and
enter speed measurement zone at very high speed, but can't hold long enough to scrore
good results.

stan.

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

Stan,
I've just put my jump suit on and took some detailed photos on the booties.
Because of their size (640x480) and in order to maintain digital quality, I'm not going to post them here.
Instead, I'll use your e-mail address to send them to.
Hope you find those worthy.
Blue Skies! ;)
Mario Santos
Portugal

Stan,
I've just put my jump suit on and took some detailed photos on the booties.
Because of their size (640x480) and in order to maintain digital quality, I'm not going to post them here.
Instead, I'll use your e-mail address to send them to.
Hope you find those worthy.
Blue Skies! ;)

hey, thanks man ! :)

i haven't received them yet, but hope i'll get em soon. so which one you have,
airspeed or xl ?

stan.

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

Stan,
The photos are being delivered now (13 photos). B|
My model is Mega Airspeed.
Blue Skies! ;)

Mario,

Thanks ! You did very thorough job with all those pictures ! :)
I took a good look and honestly I couldn't tell what the difference was between
Mega and Mega Airspeed ! I have Mega with zippers and w/o zippers they
will look pretty much the same as Airspeed. Do you know where the difference
is ?

Sorry to be the pain in a butt :)

stan.

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

Stan,

No worries! B|

Have a look at http://www.tonysuits.com/download/pitb.gif

------------------------------------------------------------

The main differences between those booties are (extracted from the back of the order form):
"We now offer two more bootie designs that are popular with teams. We have the XL bootie as used by the U.K. national team, and the Airspeed bootie as used by the USA national teams. The XL bootie has shock cord inside a cuff that goes under the shoe and is adjustable. This bootie requires a shoe goo type of substance to stop wear on the stitches. (not included) The Airspeed bootie is almost the same, the difference is that under the toe of the shoe there is a piece of bootie leather to remove the need for shoe goo. We also use our 1" elastic instead of shock cord on the Airspeed bootie. Both these booties are designed to be easy on, easy off."

This is the most I can tell you.

Blue Skies! ;)
Mario Santos
Portugal

just in case you missed my post.

They don't make the airspeed booties, for some reason they stopped making it.

no, i didn't. are you sure this info is correct ? they still have this option on their form.
i understand it doesn't garantee they do :)

stan.

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

Hi,

That information is correct!

I've just contacted Tony Suits. Next, you'll find my question, their answer and my final reply.

My question to them:

Hi,
Is it true that you have stopped making Airspeed booties model on your Pit Special FS jumpsuits?
You still have those on order forms, but somebody in a skydiving forum was mentioning that you don’t do it anymore…

Tony Suits answer:

Hi Mario,
Yes it is true we have discontinued the airspeed bootie due to many complaints from customers about the performance of the bootie. When we get new order forms printed that option will be removed.

My final reply to them:

Thanks for the info!
I don’t complain about mine: I like them!
JOKE: following those complaints, now I understand why Airspeed Vertical has lost for DeLand Majik at the FSL Shamrock Showdown… ;-)

Blue Skies! ;)
Mario Santos
Portugal