AiRpollUtiOn

Stiletto reline

After how many jumps do Stiletto's need to be relined in general?
I am considdering buying one, and I would like to know this to see if I'm getting a good price.
Don't know how many jumps are on it, but negociations start tonight, and I would like to have an idea when this big cost will be coming my way so I can take that into account when we are discussing a price.
"Don't make me come down there" - God.

My site:http://www.skystudio.nl/video.html
Some of my vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/TomSkyStudio

After how many jumps do Stiletto's need to be relined in general?
I am considdering buying one, and I would like to know this to see if I'm getting a good price.
Don't know how many jumps are on it, but negociations start tonight, and I would like to have an idea when this big cost will be coming my way so I can take that into account when we are discussing a price.

I have a stiletto with 800 jumps (several owners). The risers have velcro for stowing the excess brake line. It looks like I'm gonna change the lower part of the steering line after that season (arount 900 jumps). And probably also the risers on the container.

Peedu

If the Stiletto has more than 300 jumps ask a rigger to measure the line trim.
The quickest way to measure line life is to measure the difference across the A lines. If the difference across the A lines is more than 3 inches, then it is due for a re-line.
Badly frayed lower steering lines mean that they need to be replaced NOW. Breaking a steering line as you turn onto final is often closely followed by a broken leg. If your lower steering lines are badly frayed this is usually a sign that the rest of the lines are tired.
Last time I checked, Performance Designs charged US$225 plus shipping to re-line a canopy.

You should ask a rigger to measure your lines because it is more complex than simply measuring the difference across A lines. For example, many tapered canopies are supposed to have small differences across the A lines.
Secondly, it helps is you understand the repair procedure in order to make a decision about what type of repair/re-line to do. You have to perform a repair dozens or hundreds of times to fully understand which is the most economical procedure.

For example, many tapered canopies are supposed to have small differences across the A lines.

Uuummm..yeah....but if you compare the outside left with the outside right..and the second from the left with the second from the right etc etc.....they should be about the same length right? If they aren't I would have a rigger whip out a trim chart. I learned to do 4 line checks as part of flat packing......;)

Tired lines rarely show significant differences from left to right.
The question is: "how much have the outboard lines shrunk relative to the center lines?"
That is easy to measure on rectangular canopies, but confusing on tapered canopies.
Many tapered (ellipitcal) canopies start with a small difference between inboard and outboard lines. You need a trim chart to see how far they have changed since new.
Since every manufacturer uses a slightly different measuring method, you need a rigger to help you read the trim chart.
Besides, the only people I know who have trim charts are riggers and factories.