Unisyn

What do you find most important

I am certainly not saying that all rigs are Jav knockoffs, but there are some that look so similar that I can't help but wonder if they were not "inspired" by the Jav design.
It would appear from prior posts that the bridle protection mod, which does indeed look like an "add-on" rather than part of the rig, does not do all we might have hoped to keep the bridle stowed during freefall.
My reply was actually to a post talking about specific things folks did not like about specific brands of container. One thing I do not like about older Javs (and most newer Jav knockoffs) is that there is several inches of bridle exposed to the airstream. I had heard from some that this was fixed on newer Javs, and I have seen a Jav with this mod. It would appear from Aggie Dave's post that the mod is not tremendously effective.
BMcD...

"It would appear from Aggie Dave's post that the mod is not tremendously effective"
BMcD,
I gotta correct you here, Aggiedave was jumping an extremely well used Jav, of dubious vintage and history.
It was described to him by a rigger as 'freefly friendly' whatever that actually means (that, coming from a rigger is a little disconcerting)....Either way, the Jav Dave was jumping that w/e was a far cry from a modern version.
Hell, I even loaned him my brand new rig (oditty) cos I was a little concerned about the potential for drama.....
You gotta compare apples with apples here.
eg, I was recently jumping a vector II for freefly, and its a far cry from a III, in terms of flap design and pin protection.
The new javs have excellent, ie very effective, bridle protection, and enhanced riser covers, along with some other nice touches like the Freefly pud, soft cutaway loop, and anti twist risers.....
I can pick up my Javelin by its main closing flap and shake the entire rig without the flap opening, this is quite a good test IMHO.
Cya
D

"of dubious vintage and history"
"new javs have excellent, ie very effective, bridle protection, and enhanced riser covers, along with some other nice touches "
Very encouraging.
Perhaps, if we are going to talk about things we do not like about specific makes of rig, we should also specify the year model we are discussing. That will avoid confusion such as this and perhaps make the debate more enlightening for all.
BMcD...

Well when I chose to order my javelin I went primarily with what the rigger at my DZ said. I really liked the look of the mirage and from what I have heard its a pretty solid container, but my rigger had just had some unpleasent dealings with mirage's customer service. They had screwed up several containers they had built, one they made crooked, the other they built with the wrong color binding tape twice, and with another customer (I'm not sure of the specifics) but essentially I guess he was having a problem with their service and they told him they didn't need his business.
Anyways, I don't want to do any flaming here, but with the difficulties that our rigger had been having with mirages as of late, I decided to get a javelin. So, even though I feel that both are solid containers, it came down to customer service for me.
But Anne, I agree, mirages do look damn cool.

If you dealer was having problems with Mirage Systems customer or dealer service and we did fix the problem, I don't blame him/her for not recommending a Mirage.
We had a serious problem with our customer service last spring and summer. We had too much work and not enough people. Now Mirage Systems has a full time customer service rep (Connie). This has freed me and the other staff up to help customers more.
I truly hope you are enjoying your Javelin. Please keep us in mind for you next container.
If anyone is having difficulties with their container (Mirage or otherwise) do not hesitate contacting your dealer or the manufacturer directly.