Staso

flashing systems for audibles

hi there ...
does anybody know about any visual/flashing systems for audible altimeters ? i know timeout has LED port. can anyone comment on that one ? how good/bad it is ?
ideally i would want flashing system for either pro-track or pro-dytter since i already have them both. i remember seeing that they are comaptible with "new generation flash systems" but don't see any ports and can't find any LEDs fro them ...
thanks,
stan.

L&B had/has a flashing system in the works for the ProTrack/Dytter, but it hasn't been released and there's no expected release date that I know of. From the info we got, it will be an LED on a lead from a mounting clip, kind of like what is used on the PC interface for the ProTrack/JumpTrack logbook system.
pull & flare,
lisa
[subliminal msg]My website Go Now[/subliminal msg]

that would be cool. i do speed dives and one of them, pro-track or pro-dytter, lies on high (250+ mph) speed. it beeps up to 2000 ft higher then set. i have feeling it's pro-dytter since data downloaded from pro-track says that i started slowing down at 7540 instead of 5500 for some particular jump. but it can beep higher for some reasons even knowing that there is still enough altitude.
everything gets weired at high speed :)
stan.

HUD altimeter would be so cool ! I'd like to have altitude and current speed displayed. It would be also sweet to have speed over 150 mph displayed in, say, red and whatever is below in blue. Just to know when I slowed down enough to open safely.
Stan.

**HUD altimeter would be so cool ! I'd like to have altitude and current speed displayed. It would be also sweet to have speed over 150 mph displayed in, say, red and whatever is below in blue. Just to know when I slowed down enough to open safely.**
I think with a full face helmet this could be made relative cheap and easy because you have a visor which you can project the info on. BMW is also working on a hud for motorcyclist (for displaying speed, navigational info etc) in which the systems uses a ring sight hud to my knowledge.
For a normal open face helmet you would have to put the hud in your goggles so you would require a transparent flexible high resolution lcd-display of some sort which to my knowledge would be rather expensive (if it even exists).. Especially if you would like to have a colordisplay instead of monochroom.
I think a ring sight as camera-jumpers now use for targeting and such would be inpractical for the average jumper.

>> BMW is also working on a hud for motorcyclist (for displaying speed, navigational info etc) in which the systems uses a ring sight hud to my knowledge.
Pontiac GrandPrix GTP has it since 1997 .. Very neat thingy.
Stan.

For a normal open face helmet you would have to put the hud in your goggles so you would require a transparent flexible high resolution lcd-display of some sort which to my knowledge would be rather expensive

I was thinking more along the lines of a transparent 7-segment display, probably 1-line by 3 characters long. I would also think that I'm probably looking for an LED display rather than LCD, for contrast purposes.
I'd need to find an actual source, but I do believe that these are available for pretty cheap, then it's just a matter of modifying the circuits of a digitude to route the display elsewhere, and find a cozy way to route the wires to the goggles.
Really, the expensive part is the digital altimeter. The hard part is figuring out how to mount it.