SkydiveMonkey

Easiest reserve pack ...

I'm a rigger not a reserve packer. The easiest to pack isn't necessarily the design I prefer. Probably a Vector is easiest because of the non molar bag. It's easier to put the canopy in the bag and then depress it. I don't believe this is the best system, just the easiest. Javelins are most familiar because that's what I pack most. The hardest sport rig is a Racer. The hardest pilot rig is a Preserve V.

The easiest sport reserve to close is probably the Wings.
Second place would be the Flexon/Talon 2/Voodoo series.
The worst civilian pilot emergency parachute has got to be the GQ Security Safety Chute series. They didn't get the loops right until the third try and they incorporated that silly extra spring to compensate for wimpy pilotchute springs. Fortunately the youngest (American-made) Security parachutes are 18 years old, so they will retire soon.
The worst pilot emergency parachute would have to be some sort of exotic ejection seat rig, like the one in the Folland Gnat. The few Russian military surplus PEPs that I have seen were antiquated and overly complex.

The Javelin is the easiest to pack for me, but that is probably because I have packed mostly Javelins. The Talon is also simple; for me, it is the easiest to make look good (yes, aesthetics are a part of packing a reserve, at least to many riggers). I have packed one Vector and it was a pain in the ass, but that is probably because I had never seen a rig like that before. When I packed my Mirage (which is very similar to the Vector 3), it was much easier.
Most riggers will have their own opinions on what is the easiest to pack. I have observed that there is a strong correlation between what rig a rigger thinks is easiest and what rig that rigger has packed the most of. Experience seems to count a lot towards ease of packing.

I don't have a problem with Securities but you have to be used to them and know the tricks. If you haven't done a Preserve V yet go to the Fliteline web site and check out the manual. The canopy is tied shut with break tape in two locations, though a center line which breaks the tape when extended. There is a break tape on the bag, a cotton thread break stitch, and the lines stows go into fabric tubes like a Navy (air force? don't remember) back. And it's longer than a 40' table.

The easiest sport reserve to close is probably the Wings.
Second place would be the Flexon/Talon 2/Voodoo series.

My opinion is that the Voodoo is the most rigger friendly rig manufactured in the US. Talon2 is right behind it.
I do not like the Wings as the shape of the reserve pack tray, in my opinion, makes it difficult to get the pc to seat neatly and stay that way. I also have an issue with the reserve pc bridle routing. The way it is tucked under the side flaps on the bottom of the pack tray, inhibits the pc launch after the first meter or so. I don't find the split freebag as any easier to get the canopy into, maybe even just a little more screwing around when, with good technique, I've never had any trouble with the standard molar freebags. I've never used a molar strap either.
I prefer the Javelin and Vector over Wings. Mirage is OK, but a little extra work compared to Javelin and Vector. Racer is definitely the most work.
alan