Merrick

Tempo Reserves...

This may be a stupid question, but it's something that ran through my mind so rather than sit here & wonder I thought I'd ask.
Someone recently posted a link to a South African website that sells gear (namely PISA - even more so than usual) really cheap. My question is, being SA are the TSO's any different for them there than they are here. For instance, I know the Tempo is now being built with the spanwise re-enforcing tapes, and have so for quite a while now, but is that something that is just required for canopies they send to the US. Basically, I'm not going to get screwed on quality simply for ordering from another country am I?
Thanks, & pardon my ignorance.
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

>For instance, I know the Tempo is now being built with the spanwise re-enforcing tapes, and have so for quite a while
>now, but is that something that is just required for canopies they send to the US. Basically, I'm not going to get screwed
>on quality simply for ordering from another country am I?
No. I've heard a few minor problem concerning the Tempo (missing crossports on one, and they tend to over-estimate their canopy sizes) but I have not seen any serious problems with their reserves. Be sure that you're comparing apples to apples - a PD143 is probably a bit larger than a Tempo 150. The ultimate test is to lay them both out on top of each other, but that's not always possible.
In addition, they land like Ravens, which is to say don't expect a surf if you are loading one very heavily. They will get you down safely if you plan for a PLF, but don't expect it to land like your main.
-bill von

I have been jumping Tempo reserves for quite some time now. I have also owned PD, National, and ParaFlite, as well as FTS. The only one I ever had to land was a Rascal 202 over a decade ago. I am not impressed by the "surfability" of a reserve; I just want the thing to get me to the ground in one piece. I believe I have my PLF technique down after 20 years in the army if it comes to that. Still, I have no doubt as to my ability to stand my Tempo 120 up. Both of my rigs have them in and I am more than happy with the company and workmanship. On a more practical note: you won't find a better deal on a reserve.
Chuck
My webpage HERE