Spectrejumper

Sabre 2 Nose Design

I believe those stiffeners help the center of the canopy to inflate first on opening. Even though the Saber II is slightly eliptical, there is a tendency for off heading openings. While it dosen't eliminate the problem entirely, the stiffeners set up a staged opening, allowing for softer, on-heading openings.
It's not new science, good packing technique can render the
same results.
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

well when I pro pack mine I tended to not like my openings...most were fine...but didnt' like the everyonce in a while slamm.....so I started psychoing it....well now I get consistently around 700-800feet...really nice...but you can see it smoothly inflating as it goes...very easy on my poor back too...
marc
"...a mind stretched with new idea's will never regain its shape"

did you say you psycho packed your hornet? what kinda snivel do you get with that. I've got one coming soon and dont know whether to pro or psycho pack it!

I have about 120 jumps or so on Hornets that were psycho packed, and all openings were sweet, soft, and on heading.. Probably 600-800ft.. Makes bagging the canopy much easier, too.. I psycho pack most canopies..
Mike