Martini

Dytter mount

I've heard of people losing Dytters from outside helmet mounts. I just mounted a Pro-Dytter outside a Gath helmet using the clip provided by L&B. Anyone have ideas on how to make it more secure but still removable to switch to another helmet? (My other helmet has an inside pocket so I'll leave the clip on the Gath)

I thought the clip for my protrack was pretty tight before I stuck the thing in my Z1 STI.
If you're worried about it, maybe try velcro. Undo the tieties and slide a slice of double sided velcro underneath it and retighten or replace the tieties. You may want to position it so it doesn't block the beeper hole. Wrap that puppy up and forget about it.
A second option may be to buy a bag of tie ties and slide one under the clip and around the dytter. Cinch it down and clip it off when you want to put it in the other helmet.
mike
A bucket of Jet A can heat an entire county if burned all at once.

I'm sure you could fab up a sweet metal bracket that goes across the front of the dytter on the outside of the helmet. Using a very small strip of metal (to limit blocking the screen) and a couple very small screws. This could look really sweet if done right, better then tape, or zipties, etc. :)Example (work with me here, use your imagination):
......--------------
......||||||||||||||| <-----dytter
......|||||||||||||||
......|||||||||||||||
...x-----------------x <---bracket with screws
......|||||||||||||||
......|||||||||||||||
......|||||||||||||||
......--------------

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

I used a wide piece of elastic (about 8cm I think) to make a sort of sock for my Pro Dytter, then used cable ties to attach the sock to my Gath. It works a treat, holds the Dytter nice and snug and it's definately more secure than the L&B bracket on its own.
Previously I just put a bungee around the bracket before I mounted it, trouble with that is it's a pain to change the bungee when it breaks.
Gus