PalmettoTiger

Getting Legstraps extended

I had a bigger reserve put in my container (Vector II DOM 11/93) and now it's a little less flexible, to the point that slipping on my legstraps can be a hassle. If I could get the loops extended a little, it would be a big help. Is this going to be a major modification that needs to go back to the factory, or is it something that can be done pretty easily by most riggers?
PTiger

Extending leg straps is a master rigger job.
The official answer is that yo have to replace the Main Lift Webs all the way from the reserve connector links down to the bottom end of the leg straps. The factory can probably so this quicker and cheaper than your local rigger. It will cost in the US$300 range.
It would be a good idea to have your local Vector dealer measure you, then ask the Relative Workshop's opinion on how much your harness has to be modified and in which direction. You may be able to get by with lengthening the horizontal straps, which is only aobut a US$100 job.
Good luck.

You might consider adding "hip" rings to your rig, which would involve replacing the horizontal web, terminate the main lift web at the rings, and add new leg straps, but you would avoid having to work upward past your 3-ring into the reserve container area. The Relative Workshop is probably the best place to do the work. Rigging labor is roughly $50/hour.

All I will say is that Altico (manufacturer of Dolphin) lengthened my horizontals for free and it only took them one day. I paid $52 for overnight shipping, but they did the work for no charge. Maybe you should call or email Vector....
Sis
Fear not your death - fear having not really lived. Willie Sinsel, KS.