jake69

smoke

Make sure you can release it quickly, without burning your hands, if it gets too hot or you get entangled with it.

Can anyone submit a photo of smoke brackets with a release system? Are they hard to make?
---
P.
"It Hurts to Admit When You Make Mistakes -
But When They're Big Enough, the Pain Only Lasts a Second."

hey if you want I can send you some pics of how the brackets are made I can show all angles. If you have anykind of sewing experience it shouldn't be a big deal. Just the hardware and a person to fabricate the bracket. Duct taping is a bad idea if it falls off your foot it could do property damage and maybe kill someone. so if your deadset on jumping smoke email me and I go into better detail on how to build them. I have made over 20 in the last two years. I can't sell you one but can help.

[email protected]

Jake,
remember if you make some kind of bracket you should have a quick release on it. The ones we used on the army team were aluminum with hose clamps on inside and outside of the foot. The bracket had webbing under the food and fastened across the top of your foot with a quick ejector snap, then some webbing hooked on to the top of the brkt wrapped around you ankle with velcro. A piece of 750lb braided line was attached to the end of the webbing with the velcro and the other end was fingertrapped to the release on the quick ejector snap, so you could grab the line and pull and the whole thing would come right off if you had a problem.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You really need two quick-releases on the lanyard. The first release should be at ankle level, to allow you to trail the smoke after opening. But you still need the lanyard to avoid dropping a hot smoke cannister on the crowd.
The second quick-release should be tied to your ankle to allow you to completely get rid of smoke equipment - when you are having a reallllly bad jump.
Finally, the bottom two feet (60 cm) of the lanyard should be made of steel chain or steel cable.