udder

cheap rig

hi all
after reading the posting on rigs and people complaining about prices i thought i might do u a favour. the south african rand is falling and is down to shit low prices. you can get a NEW RIG FOR $2000 rigs complete are R15000 which at 13 to 1 exchange rate means a low price on goods. Got to www.icarus.co.za or to www.jsc.co.za they might work or search for icarus airwear. they sell the heatwave and hornet for about $600 at most when i last checked their website.
so if ur looking for a cheap new rig, give us south africans a try.
peder

Customs into the UK=
17.5% VAT
6% import duty
3% - on postage charges (not on cost of rig)
Unless you know someone who may be able to bring it back for you.
Or get them to put something like "repaired" on the custom label and it may slip through customs
So you are looking at 23.5% on top of the price. Mind you it beats the crap out of payin £3000 for a new set. Put it this way I am buying my next set from them. Even with postage it will be less than 1/2 price.

I just bought a new rig from the US and had my parents bring it over to the UK for me. However I was not going to take any chances with the extra 23% or so taxes if they were stopped....so I had the canopies and cypres shipped to the container manufacturer who assembled and packed it all up. Then I had all the paper work (manuals, receipts etc..) posted back. I asked the person dealing with my rig at the container manufacturer for help and they were excellent......they said as a final precaution they would write a letter to accompany the rig saying that it was being returned after a "WARRANTY REBUILD" and that I had purchased it a couple of months before.
All went according to plan. I am aware that this is about the only chance of getting a rig through if it is being posted......It's well worth a try!!
Darren