Dan

Ninja!!

Hello people. Finally decided its time to buy some new kit! So far all reports concerning PdeF's Ninja are good, I think I may go for one but wondered if any of you out there have any experience with them? cheers Dan.

When I tried Ninja (94), for besides the opinions that I wrote, I was with the idea that Ninja is an interesting project in the technician aspect, but in flight, opennings, pack and price didn't convince me. For less money and with best characteristic we have other canopies, in expecial the Cobalt (and Impulse) that is now, only, The best Canopie HP of the market!!!
RS

A of mine in South Africa bought a Ninga. He really loves it. It's fast, with snappy turns and a great flare. BUT... it not the
bomb the FX or the Xaos-21 an overloaded Cobalt are. It's a great chute for HP wannabees.
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

My buddy just demoed a Cobalt at 1.4 and he had no problems with it as a first eliptical. I jumped it after and thought it was pretty tame (1.67).
He jumped my vengeance too, but that was not for him, too divey and...basically not as easy to land. But he did like the vengeance till he jumped the Cobalt :)

I have jumped a ninja 102 at a 1,72 wing loading it flyes and opens great I mean great no dancing openings like velocity or slamers like bt pro , but I prefer the velocity not for the openings . I have two friend that have 2,1 and 2,3 wing loadinds on the ninja and they behave great they are not so ground houngry , I think they are less groung houngry than a velocity at less wing loading , but fly really fast very docile .

Hi!
I have just ordered a Ninja 94. I've tried both the 102 and the 94. My wingload on the 94 is 2.0. Nice openings, very fast diving turns and relatively easy to land. Compared to FX/Velocity it is trimmed much flatter. This results in a shorter recovery arch, and it requires more skill to achieve the same high approach speeds. However, on a high wingload the arch will still be big enough to make your final turn in a safe altitude from the ground. Just because it requires a different technique, doesn't make it a bad canopy. It will also fly much longer with a flatter trim (nice with a bad spot). The flat trim also make it swoop better with equal speed, because you don't need to brake as much (thus distorting the shape of the airfoil) to get a horizontal path prior to touchdown.
Some some of the repliers to your mail claims that it packs very large. Yes, it's fact that crossbraced canopies packs bigger than conventional ones, but the Ninja packs smaller than both FX/Velocity (check factory numbers). The Ninja has F111 type fabric ribs which decreases the pack volume/ease. My opinion is that the Ninja is a different canopy built more for flying. It's easy and fun to land, cost a lot less than FX/Velocity. But it's French: A bit different, but that doesn't make it bad.
Jacob