Daygs

Potential First Rig?

I need some help deciding if this rig is priced right and if it is even the right rig for me.
I weigh 165-170. The rig I am thinking of buying is a Sabre 170 main, PD176 reserve, cypres that just had it's 4 yr. check and new batteries, collapsable PC/slider, all wrapped up in a vector. Asking price is $2300. Let me know what you think.:)

I paid slightly more for an identical rig with a slightly larger F-111 main. I think you're getting a good deal for your money. As for whether it's right for you, that depends on your wing loading and whether your body + your gear is less than the reserve's MSW.
Blues, squares,
PTiger
"Beer: the OTHER other white meat."

Another important question... how many jumps on the main since the last reline? Has a rigger checked the canopy to make sure its in trim limits? Microline can shrink quickly and it totally alters the flight and flare of the canopy. I saw a guy flighing straight with one toggle pulled four inches down while the other one was all the way up on landing he had to do an uneven flare. He sent it in for a reline and then it flew just fine! He crashed the first landing since he was used to a uneven flare though.
Whoa... That was cool!

I do know that this canopy was relined ~300 jumps ago, but I haven't gotten them checked yet. A couple of people at my dz said that they had a few hundred more jumps on them. Thanks for all your input. It sure is nice to know that there is a place that I can come to get all the info I need.:)SKIES