dthames

Social Media toolbar, middle of screen

See attached.

This thing is right in the middle of the message screen when I read or write a message. It just showed up this morning.

Any ideas how to kill it?

Thanks,
Dan
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

It is also giving me hell on my mobile browsers.

Is there any chance the final implementation could include a provision to remove the toolbar in the user settings?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Meso

Yup, we're busy implementing that button. But was having some trouble with where it was displaying. We've removed it for now. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks. Just a bit of s surprise.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Busy tinkering indeed...

Can you let me know what pages it's present on? Or is it on all the main pages?

We did some testing with Android phones prior to putting it live again, and I experienced nothing on my Android device.

Will try run some mobile emulation and see if that lets me get some insight into what's happening.

Thanks

PS: Can anyone experiencing issues with this, please just provide your phone model and which operating system it's using (Example: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Droid bionic, which I think is on ICS.

I noticed it this morning on almost every forum page except for when editing a post or replying.

There may have been some other pages where it didn't appear, but I can't remember a specific pattern.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Meso

Can you let me know what pages it's present on? Or is it on all the main pages?

PS: Can anyone experiencing issues with this, please just provide your phone model and which operating system it's using (Example: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Win7, IE. Shows up on the thread display only. Not the Main menu, not the forum menus, not the "Reply" page.

It wasn't here last night, it showed up this morning, so I looked in the "error" forum to find this thread.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

DougH

Tinkering again? It is back again with a vengeance on my smart phones Android browser. Dead center of device screen.:ph34r:

Hello.
It's back today, on my smartphone (Android, Samsung Galaxy). This time it's on the left margin of the screen, w/no way to clear it.

Meso

Are you still experiencing this? We were doing some testing earlier which was causing the toolbar to align badly. But have since resolved it.

I'm testing on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini at the moment without issue.

Nope, it seems resolved now. Thanks.