Eule

Can I get a post-in-process back?

This is mostly a case of user error, but...

I was working on a long reply and had previewed it a few times. I was working on the last couple of
sentences, when I managed to close the browser tab that had my reply in it. grep kcore and sundry
other tricks didn't bring my text back... do posts-in-progress get stored on the server anywhere?
Is there any way to get back to a post-in-progress? Or am I screwed?

If it helps any, I was replying to
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1730445 and the last time I worked on
it was about 08:15 UTC on Thursday 14 July.

(The workaround for this is to compose one's reply in a real editor with temporary files and -r and
everything, and then cut-n-paste into the browser just before posting, which I will be doing in the
future.)

Thanks!

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

(The workaround for this is to compose one's reply in a real editor with temporary files...

Been there. Done that. Ack!

If I've been working on something long for an extended period of time, I'm in the habit of; right-click, select all text, copy. That saves the text to your own PC's clipboard. As long as you don't cut/copy something else over top of that, it's still there for backup if you need it. It only takes a second, and can be really worth it.

sangiro> Eule> Or am I screwed?
sangiro> Depends on what you were writing...

Hey all! Writing from cellphone in freefall! Watch thing says 2 - got to pull a handle -
forgot which one? Any help? Now 1! Come on guys! No trolllkldsf.,dfmk

NO CARRIER

JohnRich> Eule> The workaround for this is to compose one's reply in a real editor with
JohnRich> Eule> temporary files...
JohnRich> Been there. Done that. Ack!

Yeah, but then I just have to do [ESC]:w and it gets saved on the hard drive. That way, I
can get it back after almost anything short of a head crash...

bob.dino> A little bit faster on a Windows PC:

Thanks! Unfortunately I can't use exactly the same shortcuts, but there are others I can
use. I also can't run many of the most popular Windows applications, like Mydoom, Bagle,
Netsky, Gator, etc. :)

Thanks for the help!

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.