royalskydiver

I need some help figuring somethings out

What does it mean when the Admin. sends you a message that says "so & so has sent you a private message. Please DO NOT REPLY to this email."?? Is that person in trouble or what? I also was wondering, I want to use Mark-ups/icons and I've tried what it said on the Dropzone.com website and it didn't work. In Edit My Profile is say (Markup allowed-[image] tags disabled and I can't turn the dot off in my Icon area down at the bottom of the Edit My Profile. What do these things mean and How can I fix them????
RoyalSkydiver
Robert Hammond

Ok, well first of all, for future reference, you might want to post things like this in the Errors forums, to help keep things tidy.

The e-mail is just notifying you of a Private Message (PM). If you logon to DZ.com you'll see up on the 2nd tier tool where it says "Messages" click on it and you'll find the PM.

The Image tag is disallowed, most of the rest of the sudo-HTML markup is used. Click here for Markup help

You can't "turn the dot off" for an avatar in your profile, you can leave it with nothing or choose to upload an image to use. How to do that is in the FAQ (linked in the 2nd tier toolbar at the top).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

This might work better in the Error and Bugs Forum, I don't see one skydiving related question in there.

What does it mean when the Admin. sends you a message that says "so & so has sent you a private message.

You have a Private Message. At the top of the Forum page, you will see Messages. If it looks like 1 new Message, that means that you have a message waiting. The notice you get in your e-mail account is just letting you know you have a PM waiting for you.

I want to use Mark-ups/icons and I've tried what it said on the Dropzone.com website and it didn't work.

You'll notice in the reply screen, or if you are posting a new post, above the blue box you are typing in, there is Get Markup Help Click on that, and that will take you to a page that shows you how to do all the fancy stuff.

In Edit My Profile is say (Markup allowed-[image] tags disabled and I can't turn the dot off in my Icon area down at the bottom of the Edit My Profile. What do these things mean and How can I fix them????

Not sure what to tell you on that.

Edit to add: Wow, you guys are fast. In the time I typed my reply, this whole thread is moved and has replies.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey