Nitro

Check out this deal

My home DZ is offering to sell me the following rig for 4300$:
Hornet 150
Tempo 150
Cypress
Naro container, with stainless steel rings, and customizable.
I don't know too much about the Naro. I think PISA also makes it, but they don't advertise it. The DZO told me they'd rather not compete with the dealers by advertising on the net and selling themselves. He has sold a few Hornets to other skydivers at the DZ, and they are all satisfied, so the track record is good. But I just don't know about the Naro. I found a pic of it on the main page of http://www.para-service.com . It is sold with 35% off, and there almost no real details about it, except it is sometimes used as a student rig. Not very reassuring.
Any feedback on this would be appreciated. This would be my first rig. I am 5' 11'' and weigh about 165 lbs (75 kg). I am now at 37 jumps, and will probably be around 60 when I get it.
Thanks
Nitro

This is US dollars in America. Anyone that pays over 4000 for this here is getting ripped. I could get this for 3500. If you are buying this in Isreal...WTF I dunno.
Hornet 150 worth $995 brand new
Tempo 150 worth $600
Cypres (new) worth $1000
Naro (let's say) $1000 if new
I get 3595 (add $200 for some mark ups from higher cost dealers and it is still 3795)
ramon

I'd have to agree with Schumacher on this one. For comparison's sake, we had a guy who just got his rig in on Saturday. It was a brand new Javelin J-3 fully articulated with stainless rings, Spectre 170, PD Reserve, and Cypress for $4050. I don't know how much the shipping would be to Israel, but I'd bet it would come out about the same as your configuration (and if you got a Hornet in the container it would be even cheaper than with a Spectre). I'm not trying to sell you on a Javelin, just giving you something to think about. There are lots of good containers out there.
A couple of other things to keep in mind too:
If the Naro is designed to be a student rig, it probably isn't very freefly friendly. You may or may not want to do that, but it's better that you don't freefly because you don't choose to rather than because you can't with your equipment.
What's the resellability of the Naro? In the US it probably wouldn't be too much since most people are looking for Javelins, Vectors, Dolphins, etc. It may be different where you are.
This is a bit off the subject, but do you feel comfortable flying a 150 at your experience level? I have your exact dimensions, 5'11" 165lbs and I was still flying a PD-230 at that level (although I changed to a 170 not long after). Most people would consider loading a canopy at 1.25 with 60 jumps to be pretty aggressive. I know some people who've flown even more heavily loaded canopies at that level, so it just depends on what you're comfortable with.
Blue Skies,
Grogs

Ouch!!!
You are paying about $1000.00 toooooo much. For the best deal on that gear , call Roy at Rigs& Things
para-gear.com Two years ago I bought a starter rig from him. Great price & service.
Kirils
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

I agree with everyone else here. That is not a good price for the rig. I would get a Dolphin over the Naro in a half a second. I packed a Naro a few times for a guy and I didn't like the rig. If you are looking for a rig check out Roy at Rigs & Things. He has some great deals on gear. The hornet is a good canopy, especially for the price. The dolphin is a pretty good rig, there are quite a few around my home DZ. It is not one of the fancier rigs on the market, but it is definately better than a naro. Just my $.02 on it.
Blue Skies,
Adam

Nitro, do you know someone who lives in or is coming to the US soon? I'd highly recommend ordering whatever you want from a US company, then have it shipped to them in the US. They can then ship it on to you as a gift or carry it back with them. While they may ask for a fee for this service it would likely be less than shipping/customs/taxes on a complete rig. At work I've shipped a lot of gear to someone who doesn't live in the US's friend.
I also agree with grogs; what size canopy are you jumping now? I'd recommend something in the 170-190 range for a first main. I don't think you'd have a problem reselling a 170-190 anything in Israel when you're ready to jump a 150. You'll be a better, safer canopy pilot when you do downsize if you do a couple hundred jumps on a 170-190 first - safer for you and also safer for the other jumpers around you in the air and in the landing area.
pull and flare,
lisa

First of all, thanks a lot for the replies, they really opened my eyes. As much as shipping and handling to Israel may cost, I doubt it'll come up to 900$. I do have relatives in the states that are coming to visit me soon, so that's would definitely ease the situation (though I don't know about customs).
About the advice about the canopy size - I am currently safely landing a Rader 200 canopy, at 37 jumps. I've only had 2 dirt dives up to now (both because I tried to get to the DZ and landed downwind). My DZ, Skydive Eilat also has a rental Diablo 190, Omega 160, and what I think is a Safire 170 (correct me if I'm wrong, Omri). I can jump all these rigs until I and my DZO feel safe enough to use the 150. Many skydivers at the DZ can also loan me their 150's for a jump, to see how I handle it. I'm pretty patient and safety aware, so I can always wait with my rig until I'm ready for it. I see many skydivers around my experience level and weight land 150s, be they Diablos or Hornets, with no problems. Reselling a canopy in Israel is not as easy as it is in the states - I'm not sure there's 1000 active skydivers in the country. All these arguments make me think a 150 is the right choice, but I'd still appreciate everyone's thoughts.
Oh, and the reason I'd probably opt for a Naro over anything else is the cheap price and the fact that it includes stainless steel rings and customization for free. I'm still just a dirt poor college student, looking for loose shekels under the couch for my next skydive. :)
Nitro

Buy a used rig from the classified.I found a Javelin b-12 snaps a falcon 300(I weigh 254 lbs)a raven IV with 53 total jumps.I then Bought a used cypress from square one for 650.00 The rig cost 1750. total price 2400.00.At your weight there are tons of Rigs avaliable.Get good e-mail pictures and make it contingent on your riggers approval.It worked great for me.Dan