Hazarrd

Problem with advertising banner

Oh, and it is not my computer. I have a 1.6Ghz processor on an IBM laptop.

That doesn't really matter, it could still be your computer, most likely it is.

The banner ads are only animated Gif images, 3 frames that change every2-5 seconds. There is no reasons that one individual banner would slow the site down compared to the other banners.

My thought is that, since it is a laptop, more then likely the video card may be lagging due to the banner design. Also since it may be running full throttle due to your screen color depth/resolution, it may just not be able to handle it. (Explaination: laptops historically have less powerful video cards, due to size, heat, and energy consumtion).

Do you find you have any sort of similar problem anywhere else on the web? There are websites that are much more graphic intensive then this site (which is mainly a lot of tables with a minor amount of graphics, built for faster loading).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Oh, and it is not my computer. I have a 1.6Ghz processor on an IBM laptop.

That doesn't really matter, it could still be your computer, most likely it is.

The banner ads are only animated Gif images, 3 frames that change every2-5 seconds. There is no reasons that one individual banner would slow the site down compared to the other banners.

My thought is that, since it is a laptop, more then likely the video card may be lagging due to the banner design. Also since it may be running full throttle due to your screen color depth/resolution, it may just not be able to handle it. (Explaination: laptops historically have less powerful video cards, due to size, heat, and energy consumtion).

Do you find you have any sort of similar problem anywhere else on the web? There are websites that are much more graphic intensive then this site (which is mainly a lot of tables with a minor amount of graphics, built for faster loading).

never had any type of problems with lag while using sites with heavy graphic content. im fairly knowedgeable about computers and this is pretty strange to me that just this one banner creates the problem...

.-.

never had any type of problems with lag while using sites with heavy graphic content. im fairly knowedgeable about computers and this is pretty strange to me that just this one banner creates the problem...

I know. But it's also pretty strange that you are the only person complaining about that issue. I don't have that problem.

I'll open up that graphic and see how it was built.... but I'd expect to hear from more people if this was the issue.
Safe swoops
Sangiro