NWFlyer

Would Tapatalk work for mobile optimization?

I saw a reference to Tapatalk on another forum I frequent and was curious if it would work as a relatively quick, easy way to optimize these forums for mobile users. Has anyone considered it? I don't know enough about the guts of this site to know whether it'd even work.

According to the site there's a free plug-in for forum administrators - if that was something cost-effective (taking into consideration the integration with the site, of course) and would lead to a good user experience, then those of us who use smart phones could download the supporting app.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hey,

We have definitely thought about working at a forum template for mobile users. The product in question doesn't look to support our forum that we use, but we are still considering possibly implementing a special mobile template for the forums and looking into options.

Cool, just thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility. Glad to hear that mobile support is under consideration. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Mobile support would be pretty cool. I rarely ever use my home computer for signing in to DZ.com. I do everything from my iphone. Would be nice if I could upload pics or video from my phone though.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

We're still looking at options, but tapatalk isn't one of them due to the fact that they do not offer support for the forum software we use. It's difficult to find a basic mobile forum software application since we don't run a phpbb forum or any of the more popular ones.

There is some hope here, our content management system recently released a plugin that allows for mobile optimization. Costs a bit of money, but I will speak to Sangiro about it and see if we can get it to happen.