cybervagrant

Tunnel Time Entry in Profile.

I think you may be wronmg about this. I think a Tunnel Forum has merit. I'm not convinced about tunnel time in the profile though. At ths same time I can't see how it will do any harm.

Well I was only half wrong then:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

There is a few base jumpers out there that haven't ever made a skydive as well. I reckon there input would be worth listening to depending on the topic, but generally you take the good bits out of what someone has to say so I reckon any input relating to flying your body generally would be of interest...

My attempt at answering your question ;)

All that adding tunnel time would do is allow skydivers to share a more complete picture of their skydiving-related experience with their peers.

I second that!
It really doesn't do any harm adding the tunnel time in the profile.

Tunnel Forum: I'm all for it! There are plenty of questions & answers that only relate to the Tunnel freefall.
Also, a lot of old tunnel related threads could be moved there.

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

I think now that there is a tunnel forum that adding tunnel time to the profile would be helpful.

If I go into a forum and post a question about skydiving, I want to be able to see what skydiving experience anyone who answers my question has. Likewise, if I ask a question in the tunnel forum I would want to know how much tunnel experience someone who answers my question has.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Like everything on this site (and others) all information must be scrutinized and taken with a grain of salt. Having said that, I think adding tunnel time to the profile would be helpful...especially when corresponding with others on this site specifically about tunnel flying.

I agree that tunnel flying is NOT skydiving but it IS a tool we can use to help make our skydiving safer in certain aspects (albeit not ALL aspects). Just my opinion...and please note that I have only 40 jumps and NO tunnel time (until Sunday at least :)
It should ALWAYS be the user/readers responsibility to confirm any information taken away from these forums. So I don't see how it could hurt to add such a thing into the profile.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

Although I am only at 150 jumps I have 2 1/2 hours of tunnel time. Being a beginner in this sport and wanting to progress faster and only having so many weekends/nice weather days to do so, the tunnel is a good place to practice freefall skills.
If life gives you lemons then make lemonade, if not then go thirsty and keep on truckin'

I know how the big guy feels about the idea of a tunnel forum and he has finally say.

I think you may be wronmg about this. I think a Tunnel Forum has merit. I'm not convinced about tunnel time in the profile though. At ths same time I can't see how it will do any harm.

Tunnel time to me is tunnel time. It's not freefall time but it does say something... (it may say different things to different people)

Can we possibly revisit this request? Now that we have a Wind Tunnel forum with some posters who only do tunnel, what's wrong with adding Tunnel Flying to the Disciplines of Choice dropdown? True, tunnel flying doesn't teach anything about canopy control, but neither does CRW teach much about freefall skills. Now that tunnel flying is taking off in a big way, I think it's time to add it as a profile option.