mr2mk1g

Post Whore

Because then some people will post whore, just to get the title "Post Whore". Do you really want more stupid posts on the forums? :S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm not gonna argue that that won't happen, but is that any less true of any of the current titles or simply to get off "Newbie" status?

Besides, I thought of this title as a kinda bad thing. Possably linked to posts/day as opposed to total posts.

Someone who's been registered for years may have a lot of posts, but is by no means a post whore. On the other hand, some people quickly seem to take to the boards and post far more messages than anyone else. I simply figured these people could warrant the derrogatory title "post whore"... who knows, it might even reign em in a little and reduce the number of dumb posts.

What about the title "Post Whore"? We all call people it, so why not label them it when they meet the requirements?

My 2¢ worth:

That is a subjective determination, and I don't think moderators would look very professional if they started labeling people "whores". I would also object to that derogatory term being applied to any forum member. We may not like frequent useless messages that some people post, but I don't think we should have officially sanctioned derogatory names for them.

Each of us can decide for ourselves who those people are, and drop them from our personal thread scans.