jumpergirl

Questions about Batwing

Can anyone give me some advice on a Batwing? I jump a Sabre 135 and I can get a Batwing 134 for an extremely good price, but I don't know anything about it. I am a very good canopy pilot and I am very conservative, no low turns, nice straight in approaches, all that stuff. I'm just trying to figure out if getting that other canopy might be a good idea. Any thoughts??

I have not seen any malfunctions on em, HARD OPENINGS?? Rare from my experience, they do snivel alot if you pack em to perfect-LOL- I generally only clear the stabilizers and a + B linegrounps, roll the tail and in the bag. Very little toggle input required, I think the risers require quite a bit of effort though. Some people love em, some people hate em - demo!
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

I am a very good canopy pilot and I am very conservative, no low turns

Since you are a conservative canopy pilot, why would you want a high-performance, elliptical canopy? you never know when you might be on a straight-in approach and be cut off, forcing a low turn. an elliptical will turn faster than your sabre, increasing your odds of an injury if you overreact. yeah, you can talk about flat turns, but I am of the belief that conservative pilots should be on conservative canopies.
pull low, it's higher than you think

I agree with Grasshopper. Why do you want the Batwing? Not that I consider it high peformance from what I have seen of it , but I watch a jumper I knew break his back under a big sabre. I am afraid of what would have happened if he would have attempted that low avoidance turn under an eliptical. It is very important to learn LOW TURNS. Learn them before you call yourself a very good canopy pilot. I consider myself a very good canopy pilot and was doing low turns before I was of student status. Now I certainly don't encourge other to take the route I did(I am at a different DZ now so my students don't know which is a very good thing), but my point is that you need to be able to fly your canopy in all situations. The sabre is a very good canopy and will allow you to do that. So again the question is : Why do you want to change canopies?
C