kingbunky

official post-whore status

okay, my last suggestion got shot down (perhaps rightfully so), but here's another stab at it.

would it be a lot of work (my limited scripting knowledge tells me yes) to add an asterisk or something to a person's user name if they attain a certain posts-per-day average? i know clay's average was almost 30 a day at one point, my own is about 3... somwhere in the middle there should be a number that entitles a person to actual post-whore status. :)
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

yes, but they would have to maintain it if it was based on a daily average. :D most would get tired of it after a bit and the true post-whores would shine through.

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I'm thinking that wouldn't be in HH's best interest because the more post whores he has, the more money he has to sink into the site for increased bandwidth. Think quality over quantity, guys.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

This suggestion came via pm from a dz.commer in response to my reminder to have quality over quantity. File this under, "the best thing I've heard all day":

How about not adding to ones post numbers in Talkback?

Hahaha, that sound you just heard was post numbers plummeting! :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Or 2 different sets of post numbers:

"Talkback" and "Other"

Wouldn't that encourage post whoring in the other forums? I think everyone has done a pretty good job in keeping things on topic in the more serious forums.

Chris

How about not adding to ones post numbers in Talkback?

I love it.

Titles for posts weren't so damaging when dz.com was smaller, but it's just too big now for everyone to be trying to drive up his or her post numbers.
Skydiving is for cool people only