TomAiello

PM Features

OK, I've got to be the densest guy ever.

I click on "Edit Profile" and I see "User Profile" and "Display Settings", but no "Display Profile".

In "Edit Profile", I have "Allow Private Messages" set to "yes" and "Send Private Message Notification via Email" set to "no".

In "Display Settings", I have "Default Private Message Style" as "Markup and HTML".

I've got no clue what I'm doing...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I think you guys are talking about two different things....

Tom's asking about the links that you see at the top of a post in the top right corner:
Edit | Quote | Reply

He's asking about having those same links when you view a PM.

I think you guys are talking about the bottuns at the bottom of the text box that you see after you've clicked on "Reply" button at the bottom of the PM.

Tom - what you're asking for is not available. I agree it will be a good addition. I'll look into it. You're not going crazy! :)

Safe swoops
Sangiro

OK.

When I view your responses in this thread (or any other), in the upper left corner of the box that displays each response I have various options, primarily "quote" and "reply" (but in some places I also get "edit" and "delete" and such--which I assume everyone gets for their own postings all the time). If I hit "reply" from this screen, my response text box starts out with the entire message I am responding to already appearing in it. I can then edit that text to reply to certain parts of it, without having to either re-type or copy and paste it.

I don't see the "quote" and "reply" options on the incoming private message display. There are buttons on the bottom of the text input screen which say "code", "quote", "reply" etc (just as there are under the text input box when posting). But those buttons just provide shortcuts so I don't have to manually type [whatever] and [/whatever]. I still have to cut and paste (or re-type) the actual text I am responding to.

I are so confused...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com