gus

Dealer reviews

Not sure if this is workable given that some dealerships sponsor dz.com but.....we have loads of gear reviews, why not review dealerships? People must have good stories to tell that would help people when buying kit - and bad stories that might help other people avoid the same mistakes. Any thoughts?

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

I woudn't mind seeing that. People posting their experiences with various dealers. Are they happy, would they purchase again, helpfulness of the dealer, etc..

Sounds like a good idea to me.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, one pissed off customer could create some seriously bad vibes. Bad experiences could be posted without the retailers side of the story creating a false assessment.

I think it might be better to post good/bad experiences in the likes of talkback or gear and rigging.....

Its also really easy for say an employee, or interested party...eg Skybytch, KateCooper,or Shotgun (Square1)...Or Trent, Gemini, (fly vertical.com) to provide a slightly biased review. You wouldn't want Jeangenie to write a review of Bonehead products would you? Cobaltdan has an equally hard time when ever he recommends Atair products...if you see what I mean.

Not that I'm saying any of these fine people would (or even need to) stoop to such dishonest, underhand, even despicable marketing ploys. For the record I have procured skydiving accessories from both these fine retailers, and have absolutely no complaints whatsoever about their service.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, one pissed off customer could create some seriously bad vibes. Bad experiences could be posted without the retailers side of the story creating a false assessment

So what?

Lots of happy customers could create some seriously good vibes. What the problem with people simple relating their story as it pertains to doing business with company X? Good or bad, I think it's valuable data and I would like to see it shared.

Its also really easy for say an employee, or interested party...eg Skybytch, KateCooper,or Shotgun (Square1)...Or Trent, Gemini, (fly vertical.com) to provide a slightly biased review. You wouldn't want Jeangenie to write a review of Bonehead products would you? Cobaltdan has an equally hard time when ever he recommends Atair products...if you see what I mean.

Sure is. Again, so what? Once the idea gains some momentum it will be difficult for Skybytch to have any real influence over a reviews section of Square 1, or Cobalt Dan to have any influence over an Atair review, etc.. etc.. etc...

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Is that true? I scan through the various things reviewed on dz.com and all I see are compliments. Look at the DZ reviews for instance. They almost ALL average to 5 out of 5!

For some reason there's a heavy bias towards complimentary reviews on this website.

First Class Citizen Twice Over