jettero

Profile vs Profile

Holy smokes... It took me forever to figure out how to upload a picture.
If there were a link at the bottom of your profile that went to your full profile, then one on full profile that went back to your ... er mwf profile; well, that'd be really really cool. I mean, I was baffled for weeks before I noticed today that there were two profiles.

Sorry if I'm not the first to mention it and so on... [:/]

oh, another smaller suggestion. In the left hand side of the comment display (when it's in sidebyside mode), there's a space in the href... looks funny to me.

(big)jettero(/big) (/a) ... if that space weren't after the big and before the /a, it'd un-have that extra little underline after the username.

Sorry... you lost me oin that one..

Lemme try it this way... In the attached page.gif, you can see a little underline after the 'jettero ' and a little underline after the 'sangiro '; probably isn't visible in all browsers. But it is in mine. In the attached code.gif, you can see the /big /a I'm talking about. Removal of the space will fix the trailing underline onthe href. It really isn't this big deal, but since I was having trouble explaining myself, I ... went through this trouble.
:ph34r:

page.gif

code.gif

What browser is that?? What OS?

Opera 6.05 on Win98 renders the html and css as it is supposed to, as seen in my attachment.

Screw it, I don't seem to be able to upload anything right now.

Anyway, the css strips the underlines from links, so on browsers that render the pages as they should, the point is moot.

Erno

screenshot.jpg

linux/windows mozilla 1.0/1.1 ...

The decoration:none from the css header doesn't and shouldn't apply (near as I can tel) to the href I pointed out. It doesn't have a class="menu" attirbute. I may have missed a tag, but I wasn't looking that hard. An a {text-dexoration: none} might just fix it, if it's not supposed to have the underline. I'll check IE in a sec to see if it does it too....

Either way, having spaces in tags usually doesn't work out... as in this case. Yeah, IE ignores the text-deco: none css tag as well... I don't know what version though. It does not show the trailling underline... that's cool. Netscape 4.7 would I imagine... *shrug*

I'm all done with this now. :)

The purpose of the "Suggestions and feedback" forum is to give us geeks a place to discuss such worthy topics as:

camouflaging the forums to look like a spreadsheet

In point of fact I had not missed that. ;) I found that concept to be hilarious, and if it came true, I would most certainly be on here all day. :)
I have an idea or two about pulling that off. Hmmm.... perhaps I'll go over there and think outloud later.