phastasphuk

Kick people off dz.com?

I see that the members count rising very fast indeed, but I don't see THAT many more people posting...maybe we just got thousands of lurkers here, but...
Can you loose your membership here if you don't log on for such and such long time? Maybe just alot of people see skydiving site, think "kool", sign up and forget about it.
Or maybe there is no performance gain to do this at all? If that's the case, the more the merrier, right! :)Just my 0.02 cents on the slow site syndrom...
chris
How would you like too stick with me
How much do you love to freefall

Hey guys,
Remember that all the Dropzone.com services share a single user database. It's that feature that allows you to have one login for the forums, auctions, classifieds, e-mail and any other service on the site. There are a lot of people who never post in this forum but who use Dropzone.com on a daily basis to post classified ads or use it as their web-mail system. When you look at the user list in the forums you see all of them as well.
So, don't sweat the "high" number of registered users. It's in fact still pretty low. That number can go into the hundreds of thousands with no real performance impact. The performance issues is on my server side. I am moving to a dedicated server...but that will probably only be completed when I get back from vacation.... :)Safe swoops
Sangiro