Deleted

news content

Sangiro,
Nice look for the new site. First, let me commend you on the service you do to the skydiving community. In particular, I think the news on your site is a terrific way to keep up to date. Have you considered providing this domain specific content as a partnering service to other sites. This could help build traffic & content for DZ.com as well as help make other sites more interesting. I maintain web sites for a a few DZs, and would be really interested in any thoughts you have on this.

News is really not that hard to come by in my opinion, but there is only so much news at any given time, thus original stories would drive more traffic in my opinion rather than having the same thing posted on 20 sites. It may be a little difficult at forst to find original work, but once you get it going and build up your user base people just send you stuff via email!!!
Community/portal sites get half the work done for them! Internet.com had a really great article on this recently, you may be able to find it on their site. The only problem with having sites with the same targeted user base (eg skydivers) is that alot of the same content gets passed around one way or the other. I see the same stories popup all over the place, but I usually have found the place where they originally came from beforehand. Sometimes this can cause a little confusion between two sites, particularly if an article was sent/e-mailed to specific people without each other knowing.
So in short, ORIGINAL CONTENT IS THE KEY!
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

cyberskydive,
While I appreciate your advice on "original content", I think you misunderstood my question/sugesstion. I maintain specific dz sites on a *volunteer* basis. Therefore I am not interested in spending time developing dynamic "original content". My suggestion is more aimed at adding branded click through content to other sites. I.E. a table of current headlines, branded as dropzone.com content (ie, "This week at DropZone.com"); and clicking through to dropzone.com. My thought is that this would build awareness for dropzone.com and of current issues such as the health insurance one discussed here. Skydivers are a vain lot, they frequent their home dz photo pages often to look at themselves....why not take advantage of that? I think this is effective advertising for dropzone.com as well as good dynamic linking for participating sites. If you've never seen this, check out isyndicate.com for an idea of how it works.
Regards,
Scott

Cyber - do you know of a good single news headline subscription service? I'm currently receiving feeds from various sources and would like to find the single source that has the largest headline database and subscribe to that. Any ideas?
Safe swoops
Sangiro