kerb

AFF RepeatedLevel cost

hi folks,
could you people comment on how much is one charged for AFF level jumps once the paid 7 jumps have been used up and you still haven't completed the course. thanks.
my dropzone is asking me to pay $80 per jump at the moment as i am on level 4 and have made 8 jumps and for the 8th jump i paid the mentioned price? is this correct?
please advise.
thanks,
kerb.

The '7' jumps you mention are not the same as 7 levels. Although you've jumped 8 times, you are still on the 4th level which incurs the Level 4 cost every rejump.
Some DZ's charge just the cost of your jump ticket, plus however many instructors you are taking with you.
hth
Rob

Hi Kerb,
As Rob says, it depends on the individual centre's policy on repeated levels. It seems that you're getting a fair deal on jump costs at the moment. Some centres charge reeats on a "slot" basis, where you pay only for jump tickets for you & instructors, kit hire & packing, but that can easily come to $80 per jump anyway. Plus, these centres would charge more on your early repeats where you had 2 instructors!!
Keep going, you'll get there.
Mike D10270.

You all have it made!! I am going to do AFF this summer and some of the places I have found charge full-price for the repeat of the levels. That seems like a big ass jip to me.
Oh well...when training is over, training is over.
So, I guess, $80 is a good deal when you consider some of the places I've seen cost almost $150 for a repeat.
Cielos azules...

So, I guess, $80 is a good deal when you consider some of the places I've seen cost almost $150 for a repeat

DOWH!!!!!!:S
Ya know what though when its all said and done (the training(AFF)) and your on your own so to speak it will all be worth it!!!!!
jason

As I said above, some places make you pay the same price and as was also said above, their cost is still the same.
Just look at the positive side: you get another jump logged in your book and you get the experience and learning opportunity that comes with every jump!
Just think, I haven't even started AFF yet (summer), so at least you are doing it!!
Keep it up!!
Brandon Wren
http://www.onu.edu/user/student/stu5784

Hi Dutchboy,
"The centre's costs for the repeat jump are the same".
Not necessarily... Assuming the centre is giving decent training for each level, the centre saves at least 3 hours of instructor time for a repeat Level 1, and a good 1-2 hours for each successive level. AFF is not intensive in terms of the number of times an instructor jumps with the student (a perfect 8 level AFF course is only 19 slots). It IS intensive in terms of the time the instructor spends training, briefing & debriefing the student, but much of the training for a repeat level has already been done, so "slots + kit hire + say... $20" is the "no profit" option taken by some AFF Schools. So... $100 or so is fair for L1-3, $80 for L4-8.
Of course, the person who completes AFF in the minimum jumps tends to be in the minority, so some schools cut back on the base price & charge full rate on repeats. ALso, with larger schools, much depends on how the school pays the instructor. If they pay the instructor by the hour, they can easily lose money with a slow instructor or pupil. If they pay the instructor a set rate per jump, they risk the instructor giving "skimpy" coaching in order to get the student in the air & thus earn money.
Bear in mind that unless the AFF instructor is a close personal friend, they are not instructing for fun, but for money. This is a business so it has to provide a living! That said, while the school or instructor has to show a profit, they also have to give "value for money" or risk losing custom. Not easy!!!
Mike D10270.