tsalnukt

Sigma brake fire

Anyone ever experience brake fires on the Sigma Canopies with the Sigma risers????? If so do you know why???

Thanks

I know this is more a gear and rigging topic but to answer your question somewhat, I've never seen it happen personally but theorizing how it is possible. It would be possible if the equipment is not properly maintained. What is the condition of the velcro. and snaps. If the pile or hook sides of the velcro are worn out or the hook is loaded with debris they won't grip properly. Also, are both sides of the snap in good condition. If one or the other have been damaged they will tend to come unsnapped or not hold at all.
Just some food for thought.

I'm actually looking to find out if there any instructors out there that have opened up with a "brake fire" or something similar, hence postin in the Instructors forum.

One of our instructors said that he has been having brake fires and getting some pretty crazy openings. I have never heard of a brake fire on a tandem and don't really see how it could happen if everything was done correctly, so i was wondering if anyone else has experienced brake fires on Sigma tandems.

I'm actually looking to find out if there any instructors out there that have opened up with a "brake fire" or something similar, hence postin in the Instructors forum.

I wasn't suggesting that your question was in the wrong forum. I was saying that my input was more of a gear and rigging topic. I was just theorizing as to the why it could be happening part of your question. I can't think of a reason that it would happen other than poor maintenance or careless packing.

Anyone ever experience brake fires on the Sigma Canopies with the Sigma risers????? If so do you know why???

Thanks

No, but I have listened to Instructors tell me they had brake fires on none SIGMA Canopies that don't have brake settings.:S

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!