snowcrash75

Instructor Perks?

So, from how it appears, most of an instructor's day is spent encouraging newbies and muscling around first timers, or driving, or wiping the glass, and no one boasts about the pay...how much actual fun/learning flying time does the working man get? Do you get a certain amount of time that you can fly on your own time for a certain number of hours worked?

It's so depend of the tunnel management.
We are very happy here at Flyststion (at least yet), since we have 2 hrs of free time per month. As I know, there isn't so much tunnels out there which gives you that much if you are not directly sponcored by WT.

But it's depends of you. I've seen ppl develops fantastic flying skills flying regular IBA's 15 minutes in a month and ppl who just wasted all the free time.

Me personally, I work for the tunnel time. I do not need money from the tunnel, I take time as a salary and as a bonus (for example when I organise events and competitions). But it's just me and it's just our tunnel, which, I believe, is very liberal to staff contrary to the most of the at least 15 tunnels I've been throughout the world.

BigBUG

It's so depend of the tunnel management.
We are very happy here at Flyststion (at least yet), since we have 2 hrs of free time per month. As I know, there isn't so much tunnels out there which gives you that much if you are not directly sponcored by WT.

But it's depends of you. I've seen ppl develops fantastic flying skills flying regular IBA's 15 minutes in a month and ppl who just wasted all the free time.

Me personally, I work for the tunnel time. I do not need money from the tunnel, I take time as a salary and as a bonus (for example when I organise events and competitions). But it's just me and it's just our tunnel, which, I believe, is very liberal to staff contrary to the most of the at least 15 tunnels I've been throughout the world.

How does one become a WT Instructor? i'd like to pursue this is a weekend/part time job

GooniesKid

How does one become a WT Instructor? i'd like to pursue this is a weekend/part time job

Again - it's quite defferent for each tunnel (at least if you are not experienced WT Instructor yet) so need to be discussed directly with management of WT which you wish to work

Than you will pass throug training course (theory + ~ 10-30 hrs (but usually in group of others) and take you sertification or some
You also can pass through training course and became WTI at one of WT with WT examiner by your own and that start to looking for job in da WT over the world)
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?