Fall0ut

Experiences with iFly Dubai Tunnel?

Hi, I am going to Dubai soon for 3 days of jumping.. thought about going into the iFly tunnel as well because the rates are fair.. 3200AED (=870$) for 60mins including coaching. I want to improve my sitfly and work on headdown.
But it's still a lot of money, so I would like to know if somebody already booked tunnel time with coaching there.
How are the coaches? Would you go there again?

Derek Cox from Paraclete XP (NC tunnel) has recently moved to Dubai. They have suggested that you can get in contact through them if you're looking for information.

Derek is a great coach, lovely bloke and damn fine flyer. Quite a few XP coaches have been "poached" to Dubai, if my experience with the NC coaches is anything to go by you will have top instructors to assist you with your flying.

Best of luck, please report back as it's another option for Australians not explored yet.

I've been to this tunnel in March this year.
I was a student at this time.

Just walked in (before noon, but i don't remember the day of the week). No other customers in sight.
I told them, I'm a skydiver but with very little freefall time and booked the returning-flyer package (not the beginner-package even I've never been to a tunnel before)

They show you a video about how to behave inside the tunnel, they give you your gear (suit, helmet, and stuff). And then your coach (mine was an experienced skydiver from India, but I don't remember his name) talks to you about what you want do do/learn.

We started with basic belly flying. After that turning on the spot, going up and down and for final: side-slides.

At the last 2 Minutes we played a funny game: I was belly-flying and my coach was standing on the net(ground). He tried to hit my helmet with his hands and I tried to avoid him by going up/down and to the side (side-slides).

Very good experience. I just booked 10 Minutes (5x2min) but it was ok.

I felt more like a friend than a customer to my coach.

Cab ride from downtown/oldtown Dubai is about 30 Minutes and not very expensive (I think about 40 AED one-way, but I'm not sure about that)

So these iFly twin tunnels in Dubai are 3 meters across right?

That's pretty small compared to most tunnels going up today and not really suitable for experienced skydivers/team training. The other 'private' tunnel in Dubai is bigger (12ft), but does anyone know if it is accessible to skydivers/teams etc?

So these iFly twin tunnels in Dubai are 3 meters across right?

That's pretty small compared to most tunnels going up today and not really suitable for experienced skydivers/team training. The other 'private' tunnel in Dubai is bigger (12ft), but does anyone know if it is accessible to skydivers/teams etc?

Generally, no.

Derek Cox from Paraclete XP (NC tunnel) has recently moved to Dubai. They have suggested that you can get in contact through them if you're looking for information.

Derek is a great coach, lovely bloke and damn fine flyer. Quite a few XP coaches have been "poached" to Dubai, if my experience with the NC coaches is anything to go by you will have top instructors to assist you with your flying.

Best of luck, please report back as it's another option for Australians not explored yet.

The iFly tunnel is completely separate from Skydive Dubai. Derek or anyone else that has been "poached" from XP do not work for iFly.