shah269

SkyVenture Montreal.....THANK YOU! :-)

I just came back from a mini vacation with my mates to Montreal. I dragged them kicking and screaming to SkyVenture Montreal so they could experience what it feels to be free of the force of gravity for a few seconds.

At first I was worried because I had a funny feeling that the girl I spoke with on the phone didn't really understand what I was saying and had my reservations wrong.......I was kind of hung over so I'm sure it was more my fault than hers.

But we drove out of the city and there it was....in a mini strip mall? Strange place for something so amazing.

Anyhow got there and the staff was great! They spoke to my friends and put them at ease with what was about the happen. Rich was our coach and he did an absolutely amazing job instructing us on the ins and outs of the system.

As for the actual tunnel, OMFG! AMAZING! 1000000000X better than the one in Niagara Falls!
And what a great place to learn! For a total n00b there is nothing better. I was able to execute multiple 360's in either direction and really play and find my CG....which I thought made me a hot shot in the eyes of all the good looking girls who were there for a bachelorette party until Rich flew around the tunnel like he was superman! :-p

After the flight I had a moment to talk with the owner, who's name escapes me, but what a nice guy!

I would recommend SkyVenture Montreal to any one and every one! Great place great people and the city of Montreal isn't half bad either ;-)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

As for the actual tunnel, OMFG! AMAZING! 1000000000X better than the one in Niagara Falls!
And what a great place to learn! For a total n00b there is nothing better. I was able to execute multiple 360's in either direction and really play and find my CG....which I thought made me a hot shot in the eyes of all the good looking girls who were there for a bachelorette party until Rich flew around the tunnel like he was superman! :-p

Now, now, tell me, do you regret not buying a 10 or 15 minute package like I told you to... ;)

Now, now, tell me, do you regret not buying a 10 or 15 minute package like I told you to... ;)

Well I did buy up. I bought the first 2 min for 60 and then an extra 2 min for $30.
I think their going rae was $15/min which is amazing.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I think their going rae was $15/min which is amazing.

For a 4 minute package in a 14 footer cylindrical-walled recirculator, that's not bad. The usual weekend rate for 1 hour of time, roughly equals $15/min for skydivers like me, but hard to get this rate in 1 minute increments.

Anyway, you should be able to ace the rest of your AFF levels, as long as you concentrate on the safety and canopy aspects... :)

The Niagara tunnel is simply a tourist trap....thats all it was designed to be....it's crap for skydivers.

I've only been to 3 Skyventure tunnels, and they are all amazing....even the original one in Orlando despite its 'old' technology in comparision to the new generation of tunnels they have.

The staff just makes the experience that much better.

See you in the tunnel some time....

If at first you don't succeed....then Skydiving is not for you!

So come on out to our next tunnel camp; Aug 14-16 09 at the MTL tunnel.

We have PFF instructors, senior free fly coaches and National Champions as instructors.

More info@ bigways.com or [email protected].

We would love to train you up as i love to see massive progressions within a weekend!

I love tunnel. :)
Downsizing is not the way to prove your manhood.

As the exchange rate gets more favorable Skyventure Canada would become more of an option.
If any one is going and is in need of a fun place to crash drop me a line.
Shah

I'm very sorry to bother you guys, but I'm thinking of bringing some one over who is claustrophobic.
I've told him that though the staging area is small all the walls are made of glass. Would it be ok if he were to be given a tour of the facility prior to signing up?
Thank you in advance.
Shah