Kimsdu

TUNNEL COMP ORLANDO SEPT 7TH 08

TUNNEL COMPETITION AT SKYVENTURE ORLANDO SEPTEMBER 7TH 2008.

mmmmm Orlando is slow!!!! WHATEVER BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE CONTACT [email protected] to Register. $100 registration fee required prior to event. Due to popular demand we are limited on numbers .
SEE BELOW THE COMPETITION CATEGORIES

2 WAY BASIC RELATIVE WORK
Rules for this are simple. You will be paired with an SDU Coach or a member of DeLand Hybrid Xp who are now on board as Skydive University coaches for the event. A random draw only, will be picked 30 minutes prior to competition. (There will be separate tunnel time to fly and warm up.)

Fee: $350.00/person
Includes 15 minutes coaching and 5 minutes competition with coach as partner.
Prizes for first place

5 Rounds at 1 minute per round.
Round 1 2 randoms picked and as many points as you can get in 1 min from when the clock starts.
Round 2 3 randoms picked and again most points in 1 min from when the clock starts.
Round 3 4 randoms picked
Round 4 5 randoms picked
Round 5 6 randoms picked

2 WAY ADVANCED RELATIVE WORK

5 rounds as above at 1 minute per round from when the clock starts.

This section is for the more experienced flyers and will consist of the same rules as the Basic but will include randoms and blocks.

Fee: $200.00/person
Includes 10 minutes warm-up and 5 minutes competition
Cash prize for first place
(IF YOU DO NOT WANT 10 MINS WARM UP THE ENTRY COST IS ONLY $100 PER PERSON FOR JUST THE COMPETITION)

BASIC 2 WAY FREEFLY

Rules for this are simple. You will be paired with an SDU Coach for the event. See specific round descriptions for competition requirements. This will be for anybody not flying head down……. No transitions allowed in this section or flips only backfly and sitfly competitors. (There will be separate tunnel time to fly and warm up.)
5 rounds
3 rounds of compulsaries
2 free round judged on difficulty and artistic approach.

Fee: $350.00/person
Includes 15 minutes coaching and 5 minutes competition with coach as partner.
Prizes for first place

INTERMEDIATE 2 WAY FREEFLY

Rules for this are simple. See specific round descriptions for competition requirements. This will be for anybody not flying head down……. No transitions allowed which include flips, only backfly-sitfly competitors.
5 rounds
3 rounds of compulsaries

Fee: $100.00/person
Includes 5 minutes competition

ADVANCED 2 WAY FREEFLY

For teams that can fly head down without the use of a spotter and can transition, The rounds will include combinations that require headdown flying skills.
5 rounds
3 rounds of compulsarys

INTERMEDIATE SOLO FREEFLY

5 rounds ---------- Both 1 minute rounds will be based purely on artistic flying difficulty and combinations and crowd entertainment at 1 minute per round.
Backfly, belly and sitfly only NO transitions ,flips or headdown in this section.

ADVANCED SOLO FREEFLY

5 rounds ---------- Both 1 minute rounds will be based purely on artistic flying difficulty and combinations and crowd entertainment at 1 minute per round.

Advanced flyers anything goes.

message me if you need more info.

It was a lot of fun - SDU should do it again.;)

From my perspective, the comp ran very smoothly and I wanted to make a public thank you to Kim for all the work she did. I saw her run around almost continuously making sure things were happening, judging, greeting people, and presenting awards.

Your efforts were not lost on some of us. Thank you, get some rest, and do it again real soon! :D

Thankyou to everybody that showed up to compete and help and spectate, 87 registered competitors was a huge number for our competition.
A massive thankyou to Skyventure Orlando and their amazing staff!!! You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Kirk i am putting something together for video and will post it soon.

Here are the results for the Intermediate and advanced comps. Will just post top 3 from the comps for now full results and scores will be posted on the SDU website soon.

Interediate solo freefly
1st Pali Rovnan
2nd Angela Hsu
3rd Lindsay Widdall

Intermediate 2 way Freefly
1st Pali Rovnan + Chris Dixon
2nd Will Pesek + Eva Malikova
3rd Shannon Pilcher + Yuki Tsuji

Advanced 2 way RW ( 17 teams )
1st Shannon Pilcher + Yuki Tsuji
2nd Mick Nuttall + Will Pesek
3rd Chris Ash + Ari Perelman

Solo advanced Freefly
1st Scott Palmer PLAMER
2nd Javier Serrano
3rd Randy Ashley

2 way Advanced Freefly
1st Mick Nuttall + Will Pesek
2nd Scott Palmer + Derek Cox
3rd Chris Ash + Ari Perelman

Kirk you should have brought Trey we had a 4 yr old compete and she killed it!!! Her name is Haley Monahan and she got 1st place Special Acheivement award.

First, I wanted to thank kim (it was a pleasure to meet you) and Yuki for all of their efforts. We had a great time! Hailey had a great day. She was so excited to be flying with everyone. Thanks for the awards and prizes she is still telling everyone about her first comp. Count her in next time. Maybe she will be on her back by then. Two- way with Trey is a must!!! I'm sure Hailey would love to fly with somebody her size. Thanks again for everything!!! I didn't have my camera with me so if somebody can email pics that would be great.

Thanks to the SkyVenture Cook!!!B|