chrismgtis

Paraclete XP Tunnel Videos

Here is a video from this past weekend. I put in 30 minutes (and 10 minutes the week before). Thanks to Louis French for coaching.

I've learned some bad habits in the air over the course of the last year and a half. I spread my arms too far out. I also learned to turn by raising a foot instead of dipping a knee. When you're training they teach you to use your shoulders to turn and that just never felt right to me. Combining the knee movement with that made a whole lot more sense and felt much better.

Another thing that is that when I turn and look my body naturally wants to twist at the waist towards what I'm looking at. That is a hard natural habit to get away from. Especially when the other person is way out of your peripheral vision.

The tunnel is a hell of a tool. I improved a lot in those 40 minutes. I can't imagine how much better I would be with a few hours in there.

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=2243671776785143409&hl=en

If you any of you tunnel guys have some tips, tip away.

Post your videos if you have them.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Yeah, like Jewels said, very nice. Good control.
When you get time to work on "Range of Motion", try to fly your hands and knees closer together, the more together they are the more unstable you will fly. Later you will see that, you can fly with them closer together, and they can be stronger together when you need that kind of power. Hopes this helps!! Joe

When you get time to work on "Range of Motion", try to fly your hands and knees closer together, the more together they are the more unstable you will fly. Later you will see that, you can fly with them closer together, and they can be stronger together when you need that kind of power. Hopes this helps!! Joe

We actually did work on that. When Louis and I sat down to talk about what we would work on we had a list of 15 things down. Range of motion was one.

I have not participated in any real RW ever, outside of when I was in AFF and the occasional jump with a coach to work on something or a jump with a friend (and this was not very often).

I would say that 80% of my jumps are easily solos or jumps where I didn't work on much of anything or at least didn't learn much (as far as RW - I'm constantly working on canopy and accuracy skills). The idea was always to stay with the person when I did do it, and there was a few occasions I worked with an experienced jumper to figure something out. I just stayed away from RW most of the time cause I enjoy jumping alone and working on canopy and landing skills.

You do know I'm in the red right? I think I'm doing good for the number of jumps and lack of RW I have, but I also cut out the less perfect parts of the video. Or were you looking at the guy in the black jump suit? :P

I THOUGHT THE ONE IN THE RED WAS A WOMAN!:P

Hey, I was trying to be patriotic and different, but Bevsuit messed up the colors on the arms. Now I just look like a super hero. Next time I'll just go with a dark jumpsuit like everyone else. :P

Where's the video of our three way with Louis!!!

B|

:D You want it? I can upload it to YouTube or something if you like. ;)

You know, you guys could have bumped your head or something in the tunnel when you were doing all that head down. You know so I wouldn't have looked like such an amateur around you guys. :D j/k

Tell you what, I'll try to go in soon and edit your vids and upload it to youtube or I can burn you a dvd if you're around the dz sometime. I just need to finish editing one from the other week for Louis.

I would work on giving it more legs on your turns. Extend the leg for the direction you want to turn (left leg to turn left) and bring the other knee up and out to the side. This makes for more centered turns which are invaluable for staying in your slot. Otherwise, not a shabby job.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

I believe we are in agreement. Left turn == left leg out and up and right knee down and out. Isn't that what I said?

edit: Ok, I said up and out for the knee, but it's all relative, isn't it?
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

You said:

Extend the leg for the direction you want to turn (left leg to turn left) and bring the other knee up and out to the side

To me, this means to turn left you extend your left leg and bring your right knee UP and to out to the side. I'm saying for a left turn, you bring your right knee DOWN and your left leg UP.

I also disagree about extending the leg. You want to keep pressure on it, but to me "extending the leg" means pushing it out like a forward motion.

If I have mis-interpreted what you wrote, then I apologize.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com