Canadianfella

Skyventure Montreal

All I know is that last year, the guy looking into building it was looking for investments from local DZs, without much success.
I've been gone fro, Montreal and the local gossip for a while, so something may have happened more recently.
Remster

The strong Canadian dollar will make it more affordable to bring a tunnel to Canada, assuming some of the parts are made in the U.S.

The best info known is:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/detail_page.cgi?ID=665

Also on PR Newswire
http://www.pr.com/press-release/40053

The name of the investors are Alain Guerin and Pierre Beaudoin. According to the articles, it sounds like they just already purchased the SkyVenture parts but I am not 100% sure. (can anyone confirm?)

If they need more investors, I'm sure I can throw a couple grand (0.03% of the cost of a $6M tunnel), in exchange for some heavily discounted tunnel time. They can raise a portion of the capital that way, if necessary. Just 300 skydivers paying $2000 and that's a downpayment (10%) on a $6 million SkyVenture. Then again, that's a bit stiff for many of us. But presales may help the cashflow problem near the end of tunnel construction before it starts revenue generating...

There is a big boom of Canadian skydivers going to the U.S. taking advantage of the cheap U.S. dollar and strong Canadian dollar. The market for a tunnel is here already. Count me in as a customer of Skyventure Montreal.

I'll repeat what I said here:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3019054#3019054

Don't hold your breath. I have seen numerous press releases over the past couple of years announcing one or another group of investors' "plans" to open a wind tunnel at various locations throughout North America - usually with a target date of roughly 2 years off. Then that's the last you hear of it. It's become a recognizable pattern.

A couple get opened; most don't. I'll believe it when ground is broken, concrete is poured and the worker bees stay on site.

I do believe that the tunnel will happen at some point in Canada. If the project is already in progress and the money has been paid for the parts it still will not be open before April of 2009. All of the parts are coming from the US except for the local available goods. ( like building goods, cement and so on.) I wish them the best of luck it is not an easy project.
As far as Andy's statement most of the problem with those posts of tunnel projects come from either the person buying into a territory and never being able to come up with the remaining money. The other side of it is that SkyVenture corporate always seems to post unrealistic dates on their site for projects that still have not even raised the money. That way they appear bigger than what they are. With that being said the general public now tends not to believe what is posted. I am with Andy on the seeing is believing.;)