tadb

Tunnel time sharing program

We have several groups with different interests and different skills that would like to share blocks of time. Each individual may want to do solos or 2-ways or 3-ways, etc.

Does anyone know of some software solution to create a rotation list so that everyone gets full use of the time they actually paid for? (e.g. if someone is doing 2-ways they would get twice as much actual tunnel time because they're sharing with someone else)

Thanks

Splitting the time to make it percise to the penny is a waste of calculation time. If Joe wants 10 minutes then he pays for 10. If he wants to do two ways then Joe pays for 5 and Bob pays for 5.

If Joe wants 10 minutes and Bob wants 5 but then decides to do 2 ways with Joe for 3 of it then is when you start getting into the headache realm since the arguement can be made for several different types of accounting to decide who pays what amount. Should Joe pay for 50% of the 3 minute cost at Bob's 5 minute rate or should he pay 50% of the 15 minute block cost for those 3 minutes?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

That's much too complicated for my taste, too. I don't have any formal tunnel time-share arrangements with anyone, but when some of us get together to fly, we usually decide how many minutes each person wants and then pay for that time accordingly. If we decide to do two-ways or three-ways or whatever-ways, the person initiating that uses their time to do it and the people they "invite" to share their time just get that as a bonus. Other people can tack on some of their own minutes if we collectively want to fly together longer.

I generally think it's fair because everyone gets to use their time as they want to use it and no one gets short-changed on flying the number of minutes they've paid for. Our Thursday night league, for example, has mostly belly-flyers and so the same people get a LOT of minutes because they are flying on each other's time. It's still fair to the people who aren't doing 4-ways because they have the option of flying with someone else and getting more minutes that way if they want to. Conversely, on Tuesdays, we mostly have freeflyers. The Tuesday night people don't get NEARLY as many minutes every month as the Thursday night people get--but it's by choice and as a matter of what kind of flying people want to do.

I guess my bottom line is that if I've paid for 10 minutes and I fly 10 minutes, I have nothing to complain about. If I fly more than that, it's a bonus.
TPM Sister #102

It's just bookkeeping - plan it out ahead of time and split up the costs accordingly.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I guess my bottom line is that if I've paid for 10 minutes and I fly 10 minutes, I have nothing to complain about. If I fly more than that, it's a bonus.

serious?

So if you buy 10 minutes and share it with 3 others for 4way.

And the other 3 buy ten minutes each and decide to not share any of that with you. (they want to do solos or 2 ways, whatever, just not with you).

then you're happy about it?

it's not really complicated at all to keep track and settle up later or plan it ahead.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

serious?

So if you buy 10 minutes and share it with 3 others for 4way.

And the other 3 buy ten minutes each and decide to not share any of that with you. (they want to do solos or 2 ways, whatever, just not with you).

then you're happy about it?

it's not really complicated at all to keep track and settle up later or plan it ahead.

Yeah, serious. ;) But then, I'm usually flying with friends in the first place and I'm not a belly flyer even though I love two-way verticals and such. If I fly what I pay for, everything else I get is just icing. I suppose if I were to fly with a group of strangers who wanted to abuse it then I probably wouldn't fly with them again. But, on the whole, if I want to do something with other people in the tunnel, I'm still getting what I want out of my time even if other people are sharing my minutes.

Edited to add: I have nothing against figuring it out later, but we usually pay for our own time up front, too, rather than one person paying for a block and everyone else paying them back. It's too hard to pay up front and then try to figure out the minutiae later.
TPM Sister #102