skymynci

Closed DZ = Wind tunnel first timer advice ...

Hey everyone...So the DZ has closed for 5 long weeks boo :(...have got flying time planned in Bedford tunnel though hooray!:)
"I don't mean to harass you, but I was very impressed with the capable and stylish manner in which you dealt with that situation. And I was thinking to myself, now this girl's special..." M Renton

Any advice on how to attack the tunnel?

Keep your expectations reasonable. Since you are new you will be working on basic hover control and stability. As your flights progress you will work on turns and fall-rate control.

Relax, have fun, and just fly. B|
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

I guesss so...thanks. Do you just leap onto the air? It looks tricky!
"I don't mean to harass you, but I was very impressed with the capable and stylish manner in which you dealt with that situation. And I was thinking to myself, now this girl's special..." M Renton

Don't worry about it - the instructor at the tunnel will show you during your briefing. Its not hard at all as long as you listen and do what they say! People who have trouble are generally those who know better ;)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Listen to Stumpy, don't go with expectations of becoming a skygod/tunnel rat on your first flight. All the things that you need to do at the tunnel will be taught to you by Paul and his team listen hard and you will enjoy every flight.

Remember it's meant to be fun ;)
The CLF

On break off turn and track as far and as fast as possible....
Because not only your life depends on it but so does mine!!

Listen to Stumpy,

Ha ha - you'd be the first!!! B|:SB|

Thats exactly right though. The absolute best thing you can do is relax - that way you will enjoy it more, fly better and learn quicker. If the instructor is telling you to do something, they generally have a reason for it ;)
Never try to eat more than you can lift