Mostly_Harmless

Learning to sit in a tunnel.

Is it possible for someone with around 40-50 jumps to learn how to sitfly in a tunnel? This isn't for me but I know someone who wants to be able to atleast hold a stable sit for a trip that is coming up in 3 months. I have never been to a tunnel so I don't know how the transistion is from learning how to do something in a tunnel then taking it to the sky. I know that it really comes down to the jumper, how well they learn, etc... but I just want to know if what I am saying could be possible? Thanks guys/girls...

Well it will all depend on the person and how fast they learn. First the coach will make sure they are stable on their belly, then will move to backflying, when all is well with that will move to standing on the net and how to walk, then to sitting.
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

I did a fair amount of time learning to sit in a tunnel, and found the transition into the sky quite straightforward.

Mind you haven't done a sit-fly out of a plane with a coach yet since, so may be scooting all over the shop :)

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Is it possible for someone with around 40-50 jumps to learn how to sitfly in a tunnel?

I did a guy's level 5 AFF skydive last weekend, then mid week we went to the tunnel - and he had 30 tunnel minutes before - and was off the net in a sit....

Quick learner, learned belly and back in the tunnel before sit...

He got done with his AFF and did a sitfly on one of his solos after AFF yesterday I believe. (He did approach people for advice and followed it).

So, the answer is - yes... You can learn to sit in the tunnel with no jumps, or a lot of jumps - and it all pays forward to the sky.