Bodyflight.Net

2nd Annual Halloween BOOgie & Costume Contest

For those of you who missed out on last year's very cool Halloween Tunnel BOOgie (pics: www.bodyflight.net/aac_halloween_boogie.html and the chance to fly in a costume, mark your calendars because the details are being announced! For those who WERE there, please take note as some things have changed.

Appalachian Amusement Center in W. North Carolina
October 28, 2006
10am - 8pm'ish
Event details will be posted at Bodyflight.net

::Participant Info::
8 slots this year with no age limit

::Costume Contest::
Same deal as last year basically! Costumes must be airworthy & not on fire in any way (andy.. this means you:P) The contest is for costumed participants ONLY and includes 1 minute of flight time. Prizes are awarded to the most CREATIVE COSTUME. This is NOT a flying skills competition!!!

A bit about what has changed:
We are pre-booking the time this year, so pre-payment is required. 8 participant slots are being set aside, in addition to ourselves, and only 1 slot per person can be purchased for this day. In addition to that, all particpants must be able to fly unassisted, these are NOT student slots. Rotations will be 3 minutes per person in groups of NO MORE than 7 people, you WILL be required to manifest, so please be prepared.

We will be flying 30-45 minutes of every hour, allowing for 15-30 minutes of downtime each hour to take care of walk-ups and student flyers throughout the day. Lunch time & contest times have not yet been set but will occur around halfway through the days events. Get in touch with me if you need accommodations worked out for you.

Because we had a some trouble at last years event, I'm saying this ahead of time.... If you can't work with the flow of the day and play nice with others, you will be asked to leave with no refund.

Now.... I hope to see many of you there... any good costume ideas? I have NO idea what I'm going to do this year!!! I was a clown last year, and while very photogenic it surely wasn't too creative! :D Last year the Crash Test Dummy won the contest, it was extremely creative with packaging tape everywhere, we also had an ape, superman & an air hog (he didn't really NEED a mask for that one ;))

I know that so far Paige & Ari are coming, Jenn & Jake are on the "we hope to go" list along with Brad Hess from Flyaway Las Vegas.... who will also be cermoniously welcomed into the official Tunnelrat family while he's here!!! YAY BRAD! Rox, myself, John, Lexi & Chris will all be there of course with Greg & possibly, hopefully Shaner & Bryan can come down from inner space long enough to join us... StevenB will be stopping by for some walk-up flight time....

So what about you? Are YOU going to stop by? Reserve a slot?? or just read about it after the event???

what does manifest mean

i'm going to get 5 maybe 10 mins cause i have a birthday on the 13th and i have asked for money looking forward to meeting new people and seeing some of the old people from last year i'll probally come around 4 and stay and watch the costume contest if thats ok with u dawn anyway see ya then
The blue sky is pretty but the blue sky with fast air is better

gotty love wind tunnels

what does manifest mean

That is really the process by which you are scheduled to fly... when you come to aac, the girl puts you on the 'manifest' for the next available class... so you've already done it ;) and didn't even know it!

But in terms of the BOOgie, we usually have NO format... just show up and fly and work it out on the spot, which with this many people is just too difficult to do.

So basically we'll set up a flight schedule and participants will come up and let us know when they want to fly, we'll put them down for a scheduled start time until we fill all the times that are blocked off for participants. This will also help us keep the day moving and from folks not being ready or knowing when they should be flying!!

This also allows everyone to prearrange a group flight... because alot of folks will want to double up on their time by sharing with a friend or friends. For instance, if Paige & Ari SHARE their tunnel time, it only costs them $300 each to fly for 1 hour. If they share that with Brad too... then the three of them can fly 1.5 hours for $300... and so on...

When you buy your time your time that day you will be manifested for the next available flight times, just like always. You will be flying in between the blocks flown by BOOgie participants. Since you only fly a few minutes at a time right now, it'll work out great for you... you can fly 3 or 5 minutes for each hour you are there, and then rest while the large group flys.

did u see the pictures lexi took yesterday

i'm doing very well at flying and looking forward to the boogie get to meet a few new people

costume idea:

be a tunnelrat since ur one

can i bring my r/c helicopter it's small

so why i'm resting i can talk to people right but not bug them

is RFI coming i tried e-mailing kevin but he must be very busy

gotty love wind tunnels

We are there and flying for sure! Can't wait to see you and fly with you again :)

Attached are the accents I added to my Feb. Vegas 'Cupid Outfit.' I'll be flying in this for the contest. More decorations to come later tonight.

I better see everyone there!

:)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Hi Paige!
I'm SOOO excited to see your artistic talents come into play this halloween! Your costume is looking GREAT!!!!

John's costume arrived already as did Lexi's.. just waiting for my stuff to come in so I can work with it hopefully!

See you all next weekend!!!

Whoooo! I can't wait to see everyone and snap some crazy pics with my new camera :)
I'm just sorry it's taken me so freaking long to make it back up that way [:/] but Ari and I are there for sure :)
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

can't wait to meet u paige heard very good things about u now dawn you'll get to see my flying but u'll probaly laugh don't worry i laughed to lol

my grand dad may come up with me snyway see yall in about 8 more days

gotty love wind tunnels

It was a freaking awesome time! Thanks so much to Bodyflight.net (The Suiters) and AAC for sponsoring the event. As always, the tunnel was a blast and the atmosphere was very friendly. I had a great time flying with a bunch of people and flew HARD all weekend. I am already looking forward to next year! I attached a few pics from the event. See pics here:
http://www.tunnelpinkmafia.com/ViewGallery.asp?GalleryID=96
jenn
Tunnel Junkie Since November 2005! ;o)~
TPM #46
Paraclete XP TPM Delegate

If you missed the Freak Fly BOOgie this year...you missed one hell of a good time. The fall leaves and mountains made for beautiful photos and scenery. The tunnel ran non stop; we all flew like mad all weekend :)Ari and I even put off our 12 hour drive to fly more Sunday morning!

An extra special thanks to Dawn Suiter for organizing the event at AAC! I had an amazing weekend.

Here are some event photos...
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com