MissyOutTheBox

Houston Area Tunnels?

I know they have to have one in the Houston area does anyone know where? I went to a tunnel as a teenager and remember there is one here just can't remember where and/or if it was public accessible. It's been a long time....

Have always wanted to be a social butterfly but now I have the wind beneath my feet.

Hey Missy,

Several years ago there WAS a portable tunnel running around SE Texas and SW Louisiana named Powerflyte.. they did several gigs in Corpus, Austin, Lake Charles, Orange & Beaumont for sure... perhaps one of those locations was where you had your first experience!!!

Other than that.. another one named Adren-L-N was also operating in and around the Houston area in the last couple of years.. but it has been broken down for several months now.

There was also an operation near/at College Station for some time, also closed down

There is a portable that operates occassionally, not so much anymore though and privately near El Paso at the dropzone/airport.

Unfortunately, there is not really any tunnels nearby yet that are open and fully operational... but several are hoping to change that in the future.

Welcome back to tunnelflying by the way!

one of the ones thats been "in progress" :D for a long time yet no ground is broken.

hopefully it will get built sometime cause im considering a move to Dickinson. Short drive from there ;)

http://zerogroom.com/

shoot them an email and let us know what they say. I think i remember sending them an email with my email address and the said they would keep me posted. havnt got anything but that doesnt meen that they aren't workin on it.

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

Thanks Guys. I knew there was something around here years ago now I know.. I had to call Mom and ask and she said she thought it was somewhere in the NASA complex as we were here with a Civil Air Patrol group touring NASA and Ellington. If you hear of any coming back online or the roving one coming thru anytime this year, please let me know..:P

Have always wanted to be a social butterfly but now I have the wind beneath my feet.

I knew there was something around here years ago now I know.. I had to call Mom and ask and she said she thought it was somewhere in the NASA complex as we were here with a Civil Air Patrol group touring NASA and Ellington.

No problem, didn't want you to think you dreamed the whole thing up:P;) it could've been any of the portables.. likely Powerflyte in the Houston area.

If you hear of any coming back online or the roving one coming thru anytime this year, please let me know..

will do... you could also check my website once a month or so to keep up! Things are always-a-changin'!

Welcome back to tunnelflying... don't give up... a quick plane flight will get you to some amazing tunnel destinations!!!

Thanks for the anti-dreaming reality..:S I had really forgotten all about that tunnel experience until I kept hearing people talking about tunnel time and the mice upstairs started running and the light went on, "Hey I did that back in the late 80's ".:P:P I just couldn't put together where in Houston I did it.. Wow that was awhile ago....Yikes!