freefalling2day

Skyventure New Hampshire is on it's way!

Of course it's safe. B|
The air will be cleaned by the big fans and what kind of skydiver drinks water anyways ??? ;)

Perhaps he's part mole and plans to burrow under the earth during the daylight hours - only emerging to fly in the tunnel at night.....

it could happen

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

[:/]

i NOTICED THAT IT IS BESIDE THE OLD CHEMICAL PLANT. iS THIS AREA SAFE I KNOW THERE BEEN NUMEROUS EPA VIOLATION AND THAT 1988 SPILL. WAS THE GROUND AND WATER TESTED. I'M INTERESTED IN COMING THERE BUT IS IT SAFE ENVIROMENTAL WISE.?????????

If you have not been around the site lately the chemical plant (NH chemical) is GONE. The site has been extensively tested and should be complete on the clean up by the end of October. If there were any problems over there I don't think that they would be talking about putting a commuter rail train station to Boston. They are also talking about big box stores, condos and more!
If you are worried,... rest assured that we have had all of our environmental studies done on our land and there are no problems. Check out our ice cold water fountain when you come to the tunnel. Ha!
I did however notice when we started our site clearing that the local woodchucks living on the property seemed very large!

We currently do not have any plans for memberships.
We do look forward to seeing everyone at the tunnel.

Blue Skies and tunnel dreams!
Laurie

Besides -- where is your sense of adventure? What you call a chemical spill, I call a potential swooping pond!

We do have a potential swooping pond close to the tunnel... It is one of the longest in the country and challenging due to it is not straight. It is called the Merrimack River!. Don't mind the rocks,.. think of them as targets!B|
Blue Skies!
Laurie

The exact date is hard to say,.. we think March. I will keep posting as the project moves along. The winter weather will play the biggest role in our build time.

Blue Skies!
Laurie

If the tunnel is not open by my birthday (late march), then there will be no fire stick juggling at the grand opening!

;)

~Droid

This may seem like an odd question, but is there a weight limit to windtunnels such as the one coming in NH?

My boss (a non-skydiver) is a biggun' (he's probably 6'6" and about 280 or 290 pounds) and when I mentioned that the tunnel is coming, he got very excited... However, it occurs to me that you need a certain amount of lift to get into free-fall, and I'm not sure if the warp engine or flux capacitor or whatever it is that powers the fans will be strong enough for such a large object....

Are there specs on a "maximum load"?

Thanks.

Hi Jeff,

We will be setting our weight limit at 250 but we may make exceptions. There is actually no problem in us getting him off the net. The good thing is that he is tall. We will have plenty of power. It becomes a safety issue for the student and instructor. Have him call and talk to our manager when we open.

Thanks and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. If you would like to contact me outside of this forum you can email me at : [email protected]

Thanks and Blue Skies!
Laurie

Hi All,
Just another update for those of you who may not have read bodyflight.net lately.
All of our footings are done and we are forming up the last section of foundation wall and will pour it on Friday.
They will then move on to the footings for the lobby and get the site ready to pave.
Thanks and Blue Skies!
Laurie & Rob

Skip the lobby and get to installing the motors!!! :P

Dave

Thanks for that thought,... we will not be open soon enough in our minds. We do however need the lobby so that we can get to the flight chamber. One very cool feature we have in our lobby is a large hole in the ceiling. So when you stand in the lobby you can see what is going on in the flight chamber on the second floor.

Thanks and Blue Skies!
Laurie

We are trying,... hope for a warm winter!!!!:)

Looking forward to seeing you at our tunnel. How was your flying time in Orlando?

I have been told that UK (they are like us) is smooth, clean, fast and no drop off on the edges.
I wish I could snap my fingers and have it built!

Thanks for keeping tabs on us.
Blue Skies!
Laurie

We are trying,... hope for a warm winter!!!!:)

On the second thought... I can wait a month or two, just so I can get some good skiing weather. ;)

Okay, maybe I am not *that* selfish. :)

As for Orlando, let's just say that I am kicking myself for not reserving twice as much tunnel time...

Hi All,
Just another update.
Rob and I just returned from FL this past weekend and viewed all of our parts. The flight chamber looks awesome along with the turning banks and more.B|
We have 2 loads of steel and our VFD's arriving on Thursday and the rest of the goods to follow. :)We have some steel already on the foundation and we are very excited. We are now working hard to get the site ready for paving.
See attached pictures of latest construction.
Blue Skies!
Laurie

Hi All,

For anyone that is interested we were just asked to be on a show called American Builder on Comcast CN8 ( channel 3 ) every week until we are complete. I think that our footage will start in next weeks show. So if you want to see our progress and you have comcast,.. check out the show.

More updates and pics are coming soon!
Blue Skies!
Laurie

Hi All,
Here is another update on the tunnel.
We just poured a very large wall section for the lobby and should have that done by tomorrow. (11/15). The site is coming along and is in the final stages of being prepped for the paving of our parking lot. We hope to have the paving done by the end of the month.
We now have very large pieces of steel just waiting to go vertical! :)Two truckloads of airflow components will arrive on Wednesday to our storage facility.B|
I will post some pictures tomorrow of our updates.
Blue Skies!
Laurie